What was the turning point of the season for the O's?

wildcard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Minnesota series ended everything. Losing 4 at home to that team (and all 7 overall) was like getting kicked 4 straight times in the marbles....by somebody half your size. I get that they have some good players, but they have lost at least 2 games to EVERY other team in the majors they have played and are actually under .500 against the rest of league.

Starting with that series, the Os have lost 5 straight series and one more Yankee loss this week makes it 6. That is very Dave Trembley-esque.

The day Toronto traded for the best hitter and the best pitcher available. It's all relative. Without those trades one could argue Toronto would have faltered and the Orioles would have filled that void.

That said, I agree the complete lack of starting pitching option when Chen and gonzo started to falter, as the ly have done every august for the past three years!, was a real turning point. It was completely foreseeable and the Orioles didn't have any answers. In part that was due to injuries.

I don't think we had a turning point. We are what we are this year and may have been over achieving for part of it.

I still hate that we bought and didn't sell at the deadline, so I wish the "turning point" would have come earlier in the season.

Why did we under-perform our Pythagorean so much then?

Why did we under-perform our Pythagorean so much then?

A lot had to do with the 3 games and close to 60 runs scored. The Orioles scored an average that equates to roughly10-12games of production right there.

The turning point was when our starters faltered. That also begs the question of what will they be next season?

Stalingrad.

No but seriously, The Twins and Rangers series killed us. We had just swept the A's and gone 2-1 against Grey, deGrom, and Syndergaard and were right there (5 games over .500). Then we lose every game (7 in all) against 2 solid but unspectacular teams who were our direct competition for the 2nd WC and that brought about our death.

I actually thinking being sweptt in NY and playing horribly all year in Toronto was the sign of the decline. No way do I believe the Twins should've won EVERY game this year. EVERY game? Pu-lease.We should be a lot better than they are.

Twins might knock out the Astros still.

I don't recall the date but it didn't take long.

I said this earlier and I don't have anything to back it up but it seems to me that an inordinate amount of errors by Machado and Schoop have been when Hardy wasn't playing.

More than even the value he brings when healthy is the steadying influence he has on those two.

Archived