Buck says Walker deserving of a call up

wildcard

Sounds like some have their minds made up on Walker after 20 at bats in the majors. He did have a 884 OPS at AA. And a 856 OPS after the All-Star game at AAA. I will stay open minded on Walker.

It is up to him to prove himself at the major league level.

Whats the harm by giving him another chance? Not much.

Whats the harm by giving him another chance? Not much.

Has he had a first chance? Not trying to criticize you personally but a lot of posters have this way of thinking. Norfolk is a tough place to put up big numbers. Sure guys get hot down there in SSS but even Joseph and Schoop struggled down there. I'm fine with Walker being one half of a platoon. Paredes and Clevenger need RH platoon buddies.

Its to be argued that he has never been given a chance in the majors. Called up for spot duty here and there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

True, I would agree with you, again, still, not much risk, to bring him up for a few bats, bring him back to ST and let him complete, if the bat is too slow, then shake hands and wish him well.

Has he had a first chance? Not trying to criticize you personally but a lot of posters have this way of thinking. Norfolk is a tough place to put up big numbers. Sure guys get hot down there in SSS but even Joseph and Schoop struggled down there. I'm fine with Walker being one half of a platoon. Paredes and Clevenger need RH platoon buddies.

Norfolk is a tough place, but that doesn't mean Walker is ready for 1/2 a platoon. Not saying he isn't ready.

Like I said in another post. What's the harm in promoting him and giving him a ST invite next spring.

True, I would agree with you, again, still, not much risk, to bring him up for a few bats, bring him back to ST and let him complete, if the bat is too slow, then shake hands and wish him well.

He's not too slow. In fact, he may well be our first baseman next season.

Archived