FA starting pitching next year

El Gordo

Kazmir. No pick required. Won't take nearly the years or dollars as Price but could get a substantial portion of Price's production. Three years removed from any health issues although he is 32 years old. See if he would go for a 3-year deal, perhaps a 4-year deal at a low salary but with a bunch of incentives if he stays healthy.

Fister makes me nervous. I would be more interested in him as a back-end/insurance guy with some upside. I would not want to depend on him to fill Chen's spot and we need someone to be as good or preferably better than Chen. Our pitching was a disaster this year and we cannot simply tread water.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fister makes me nervous. I would be more interested in him as a back-end/insurance guy with some upside. I would not want to depend on him to fill Chen's spot and we need someone to be as good or preferably better than Chen. Our pitching was a disaster this year and we cannot simply tread water.

Fister is Bud Norris. Fister is not a good move.

Kazmir. No pick required. Won't take nearly the years or dollars as Price but could get a substantial portion of Price's production. Three years removed from any health issues although he is 32 years old. See if he would go for a 3-year deal, perhaps a 4-year deal at a low salary but with a bunch of incentives if he stays healthy.

Kazmir would be my target as well. He's a lefty which we are missing in our rotation once Chen leaves. He's been very good over the last couple of years.

He won't come cheap, but cheaper than some other options and we'll have enough money after him to go after a bat or two to fill holes.

Kazmir would be my target as well. He's a lefty which we are missing in our rotation once Chen leaves. He's been very good over the last couple of years.

He won't come cheap, but cheaper than some other options and we'll have enough money after him to go after a bat or two to fill holes.

I would like to have a lefty.

Fister is Bud Norris. Fister is not a good move.

Concur with those that like Kazmir. I like him as well.

Regarding Fister, I don't know that that is a fair comp. Bud is career 4.46 ERA, 1.401 WHIP, and 4.22 FIP. Fister is 3.44 ERA, 1.212 WHIP, and 3.63 FIP. Bud strikes out more guys (and you could argue low K's are a concern for Fister), but also walks a lot more. Fister has a pretty good BB/9.

Don't want to overplay Fister here, as he ain't Cy Young, but Bud is a pretty tough comp for him in my opinion.

Totally see the point of those, though, that have concerns about Fister - obviously, he's coming off his worst year.

Fister career ave. 117 ERA + Norris 89. Not the same. You are overreacting to one poor season for Fister.

I would love to get Fister on a one-year "Nelson Cruz" type deal, where he can earn some incentives and build his value for 2017. If, for some reason, he doesn't get "better", you've only got the one-year commitment.

I would love to get Fister on a one-year "Nelson Cruz" type deal, where he can earn some incentives and build his value for 2017. If, for some reason, he doesn't get "better", you've only got the one-year commitment.

Every team wants that. What's the incentive for him to sign here?

Archived