Hunter Harvey shut down with elbow discomfort

mdbdotcom

I'm already operating on the assumption that Harvey will never make it to the majors. He's just some guy who looked good once upon a time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised to be wrong than spend year after year thinking this will be the season when he's healthy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps I am mistaken, but wasn't Harvey cleared by Andrews after last offseason? Harvey was ready to go and the hype train was getting warmed up until his shin injury at the start of this season right? Again, maybe I am remembering this wrong?

I think everyone was waiting with baited breath for the other shoe to drop.

I think everyone was waiting with baited breath for the other shoe to drop.

I remember it being discussed at length on this board at the time. Around that same time there was talk of Harvey being a center piece of a Justin Upton trade - not that it had any validity to it.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but wasn't Harvey cleared by Andrews after last offseason? Harvey was ready to go and the hype train was getting warmed up until his shin injury at the start of this season right? Again, maybe I am remembering this wrong?

He was cleared.

Just like he was cleared a week ago.

Unfortunately a lot of the time this type of strain is a precursor to surgery.

I think you would have been selling at a significant discount last offseason.

He was cleared.

Grow the bats, buy the arms. It's sickening the level of volatility with these pitching prospects.

He was cleared.

I think that he was not traded to the Red Sox for Jon Lester because of this.

The talk of trading Harvey last offseason or during this season is silly. He was too far away from the bigs and already having arm troubles.

Should Harvey have gotten TJ Surgery a year ago or even early this season is a better argument. I don't think there is a single person on this board that didn't see this coming.

I can't blame him. I mean, it's his elbow. And it's best to avoid surgery always if you can. He tried and lost. Supposedly... we'll see.

I'm already operating on the assumption that Harvey will never make it to the majors. He's just some guy who looked good once upon a time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised to be wrong than spend year after year thinking this will be the season when he's healthy.

Same here. If he advances, bonus. But I'm already assuming the same as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an unnatural act.

You see that fangraphs piece on the O's bullpen?

Even at comically slow speed I can't torque my elbow like O'Day does.

Agreed. And yes, I skimmed it. I'm amazed that Oday's arm doesn't just fall off one of these innings.

It's just tough, the Orioles just rarely ever get it right with these pitchers. Frustrating...

I try to be optimistic with the milb'ers. I'm going to just have to adopt the approach that others have with Bundy and Harvey, and that I don't want to hear about them until they're actually in an O's uniform. Such a wasted year for Harvey.

So the PRP injections only worked for Tanaka right?

Britton

Feel like we have been saying this with every starting pitching prospect lately. Either because of health or performance. And it's infuriating.

Archived