Who's Out There (2015-16 free agent list)?

MemorialStadKid

Dan Connolly says Orioles would like to have Parra back. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-notebook-0929-20150928-story.html

I like Fowler but what about a QO? I also like Daniel Murphy for 1B, the 1B class is awful. Span would be a backup for Fowler. Jaso for DH, maybe Napoli if real cheap. I want Zobrist the most, high OBP and no pick. I could like with Parra back depending on what else we do. Starting pitcher still not sure. Fister intrigues me.

Resign Davis, O'day(IF you trade Britton) and Pearce.

Sign FA Jaso to play 1B.

Put Davis in RF for 2016.

Try and trade Britton for good value at LF or SP(James Paxton SEA)

If we don't trade for a SP then I like signing two SP's. A top guy like B.Anderson or Kazmir then a #4/5 type on a short deal like Colon or Haren or Simon.

If we don't trade for a LF then I like getting a platoon buddy for Pearce and Reimold. Maybe Paredes if he can learn to play LF. A guy like Dejesus wouldn't be a bad option on a 1 year deal.

I don't understand why the O's would want to bring Parra back. I know he's a better hitter than he's showed with the O's, but he's not likely to ever be as good as he was in the first half this season, especially moving from the NL to the AL.

He's a deluxe fourth outfielder because he can play ok defense at all 3 positions and has a good bat, but no way should he be a major part of your offense. I'd much rather have Zobrist or Fowler, not to mention Alex Gordon.

Heyward is the right move. Of course we'll end up w/ Parra. Which would be incredibly lame.

Heyward is the right move. Give him the opt-out he wants in 4 years and laugh all the way to the bank when we locked up his prime years at a bargain and let someone else massively overpay for his 30s.. There hasn't been a bad opt-out contract yet.

Heyward is the right move. Give him the opt-out he wants in 4 years and laugh all the way to the bank when we locked up his prime years at a bargain and let someone else massively overpay for his 30s.. There hasn't been a bad opt-out contract yet.

People are up in arms about losing Markakis, Cruz, and Davis in back to back years. I'd imagine it'll be worse when we lose Machado, Jones, and Heyward over a two year span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like Daniel Murphy for 1B, the 1B class is awful.

You know, I thought the same thing too. But the closer i looked at, I realized what we really need is someone to hit LHP to Platoon with Walker/Mancini.

Pedro Alvarez, Logan Morrison, and Adam Laroche are all FA's and Ryan Howard could be had for nothing

Alvarez and Morrison also fit DD's narrative is big prospects who never met the hype and getting to FA in their late 20's.

Trading for Jay Bruce and signing Alvarez would really help the loss of Davis.

You know, I thought the same thing too. But the closer i looked at, I realized what we really need is someone to hit LHP to Platoon with Walker/Mancini.

Pedro Alvarez, Logan Morrison, and Adam Laroche are all FA's and Ryan Howard could be had for nothing

Alvarez and Morrison also fit DD's narrative is big prospects who never met the hype and getting to FA in their late 20's.

Trading for Jay Bruce and signing Alvarez would really help the loss of Davis.

I would be glad to have Bruce. And I want to sign no one that requires a pick sacrifice. I think Morrison is awful.

I don't really care what we do as long as we 'show ambition'.

Following this season we need to be excited and energised, and so does the team. If we don't pull *some* stops out then we will not only start next season flat, we could end up waving bye bye to players like Jones and Machado in the near future too.

Archived