Pressbox: Davis Named Most Valuable Oriole (Upset with No Extension Talk)

weams

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/10/02/chris-davis-named-2015-most-valuable-oriole

Davis enters play Oct. 2 leading the Major Leagues with 45 home runs, ranking fourth with 112 RBI, and ninth in slugging percentage (.549). His 45 homers are the fifth-highest single-season total in Orioles history (since 1954) and he is the first Oriole to post two separate 40-homer seasons (also, 53 home runs in 2013). Davis recently passed Brady Anderson for sole possession of third place on the Oriole Park all-time home runs list (93) and ranks 10th on the Orioles all-time home runs list with 159. He has hit two walk-off home runs this year and has accounted for three of the Orioles nine walk-off hits this season. Entering the Oct. 2 game, he is one of two players in the Major Leagues to post seven or more multi-home run games this season. Davis hit three Eutaw Street home runs this season including his eighth career Eutaw Street home run on August 14 vs. Oakland, the most by an individual player in Oriole Park history.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gonna suck to lose him

I don't know. I think locking him up makes a ton of sense. Even if he got a 20m AAV deal, the difference between his current salary and that number is covered by Chen and someone else minor coming off the books. Maybe the non signing of Cruz was part not having two guys like that on big deals for 2017 and 2018. I just see him as a good candidate to return.

Does 108/6 get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrected for capitalization and punctuation as requested.

Thanks, I know that most of your posts are extremely literate.

That one just must have gotten away. And since you brought it up, I just wanted everyone else to know that it was a friendly reminder and not any type of infraction that prompted your edit.

I don't know. I think locking him up makes a ton of sense. Even if he got a 20m AAV deal, the difference between his current salary and that number is covered by Chen and someone else minor coming off the books. Maybe the non signing of Cruz was part not having two guys like that on big deals for 2017 and 2018. I just see him as a good candidate to return.

Does 108/6 get it done?

I think that Boras has a figure of 7/175 in mind. And even if you offered that, I think he would still take him to market to see who might do better. Young enough, MLB Home Run leader since 2012.

I think that Boras has a figure of 7/175 in mind. And even if you offered that, I think he would still take him to market to see who might do better. Young enough, MLB Home Run leader since 2012.

AL leader in two of those seasons as well. The 2014 campaign is clearly a black mark (suspension as well). How much of an impact that will have on negotiations is anyone's guess. 7/175 is a bit high, but I'd be comfortable with 7/150 without a doubt. I have no way to prove this, but I believe Chris will age gracefully. He isn't reliant on speed, he has natural power, good walk rate and he's a great athlete for a man of his size.

Core of Machado-jones-Davis-schoop moving forward can compete with anyone. A legit COF bat in the mix and that's a dynastic offense.

gonna suck to lose him

By the way. I agree that it will be really a sad thing to lose the MLB home Run Leader for the last four years after having lost our MLB leading power hitter in the year that Davis was unable to perform at any reasonable level. That is a bunch of power for Manny and AJ to make up. Well, if they keep Flaherty, maybe he'll build on his 10.

AL leader in two of those seasons as well. The 2014 campaign is clearly a black mark (suspension as well). How much of an impact that will have on negotiations is anyone's guess. 7/175 is a bit high, but I'd be comfortable with 7/150 without a doubt. I have no way to prove this, but I believe Chris will age gracefully. He isn't reliant on speed, he has natural power, good walk rate and he's a great athlete for a man of his size.

Core of Machado-jones-Davis-schoop moving forward can compete with anyone. A legit COF bat in the mix and that's a dynastic offense.

He looks so much leaner this season. Not anything like 2012 and 2013.

Archived