Pressbox: Davis Named Most Valuable Oriole (Upset with No Extension Talk)

weams

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a lawyer, I don't know how it is even possible that Boras isn't keeping his client informed of any significant discussions he's had with the Orioles. I've never had a client who didn't want to know of any approaches made by the other side.
I think the point is that it is impossible to have a "significant " discussion with Boras until he wants to. He and DD may have talked a lot, but Boras is a master of never saying anything concrete or allowing the other guy to even make an offer, before he wants them to. So it wouldn't surprise me if he has had nothing new or significant to tell CD. But on the O's side of things the message has been pretty clear. No extension before we test the market.

I think the point is that it is impossible to have a "significant " discussion with Boras until he wants to. He and DD may have talked a lot, but Boras is a master of never saying anything concrete or allowing the other guy to even make an offer, before he wants them to. So it wouldn't surprise me if he has had nothing new or significant to tell CD. But on the O's side of things the message has been pretty clear. No extension before we test the market.

I think this analysis is spot on. Boras is a problem agent. He is a roadblock to getting things done, because HE (Boras) must be in control at all times. The player is not allowed to think about it.

Think it's very telling that the O's didn't have any extension talks with Davis last year or this year. And that is incredibly frustrating. The O's have nobody in the minors worth a damn to fill in for him. Yes, Mancini had an amazing year, but do you want to hang your hat on him? Christian Walker is a bust. The 1B market is a disaster right now aside from Chris Davis.

So it's just incredibly aggravating that he wasn't even talked to about an extension...but Duquette will talk to O'Day? Good grief, guys. And I don't think Davis is speaking out of his ass here. I think he's telling the truth.

Think it's going to be incredibly telling that the O's let Cruz walk (MVP caliber) and Davis walk (MVP caliber) in back to back years. This team is going to take a big step back offensively next year. I'd feel better if the O's had a clue about drafting and developing. But they do NOT.

Also worried about the O's ability to retain Machado. It should be their priority.

I think this analysis is spot on. Boras is a problem agent. He is a roadblock to getting things done, because HE (Boras) must be in control at all times. The player is not allowed to think about it.

You think Boras isn't going to tell a single thing to Chris Davis? And Chris Davis is going to make the O's look bad in the process unless there hasn't been any discussion regarding an extension? Call me crazy, but I'd rather believe Davis and Boras here than the O's.

You think Boras isn't going to tell a single thing to Chris Davis? And Chris Davis is going to make the O's look bad in the process unless there hasn't been any discussion regarding an extension? Call me crazy, but I'd rather believe Davis and Boras here than the O's.

You are crazy.

The reports about the O's talking to Davis' camp about an extension goes back years.

This is Davis trying to make himself look like the good guy when he walks.

You are crazy.

The reports about the O's talking to Davis' camp about an extension goes back years.

A far more likely scenario is until the Orioles satisfy Boras there will be communication to Davis on offers. And since Boras intends to test the free agent market there will be no communication with Davis until other people start making offers.

The issue is Boras. Because of other clients, each giving a percentage to Boras, means Davis must get the highest dollar possible. If Davis signs with the Orioles that was not the highest possible $$$$ and Boras will take it personally.

A far more likely scenario is until the Orioles satisfy Boras there will be communication to Davis on offers. And since Boras intends to test the free agent market there will be no communication with Davis until other people start making offers.

The issue is Boras. Because of other clients, each giving a percentage to Boras, means Davis must get the highest dollar possible. If Davis signs with the Orioles that was not the highest possible $$$$ and Boras will take it personally.

Davis allows Boras to represent him.

Davis is therefor complicit in whatever Boras does.

Davis allows Boras to represent him.

Davis is therefor complicit in whatever Boras does.

See Boras need to be concerned with what comp this contract establishes. Davis does not. Even if he should. That's a dirty little secret as well. Also, the reason O'Day is not signing for 18.

You are crazy.

You really want to believe the O's? The way Duquette does business has largely been disastrous. I'm sorry, but I can't give him any benefit of the doubt.

You really want to believe the O's? The way Duquette does business has largely been disastrous. I'm sorry, but I can't give him any benefit of the doubt.

Who said I want to believe the O's?

I want to believe the affable, handsome slugger.

But the O's are the ones who are more likely to be telling the truth.

I don't particularly believe or disbelieve that the O's haven't had any discussions with Boras this year. I do take Davis at his word that he likes it in Baltimore and would like to return. But that doesn't mean he's saying he'd take one penny less than the most he can get on the open market.

Archived