Pressbox: Davis Named Most Valuable Oriole (Upset with No Extension Talk)

weams

I don't know. I think locking him up makes a ton of sense. Even if he got a 20m AAV deal, the difference between his current salary and that number is covered by Chen and someone else minor coming off the books. Maybe the non signing of Cruz was part not having two guys like that on big deals for 2017 and 2018. I just see him as a good candidate to return.

Does 108/6 get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Gets it easier for him to 'chuck da deuces' to Baltimore. Gonna suck seeing Toronto go deep once more and make a play for Davis. Gonna suck even more seeing him destroy us as a member of another AL East team. I dislike you much, FO. I really do.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really want to believe the O's? The way Duquette does business has largely been disastrous. I'm sorry, but I can't give him any benefit of the doubt.

I assume the O's talked to Boras last winter. The conversation went like this: "You're crazy if you think we'll take a discount to sign after the way 2014 went. If Chris has a good '15 the Yanks will offer 225. Beat that and we'll talk. Less... you can get in the bidding next winter. Thanks."

Yep! Gets it easier for him to 'chuck da deuces' to Baltimore. Gonna suck seeing Toronto go deep once more and make a play for Davis. Gonna suck even more seeing him destroy us as a member of another AL East team. I dislike you much, FO. I really do.

You think Chris Davis signs an offer of 6/108? Wow. I am WAY off base if you are right.

You think Chris Davis signs an offer of 6/108? Wow. I am WAY off base if you are right.

Coming off a nearly five win season with an established level of 3+ wins. That basically guarantees $20M+ a year. It would be pretty stunning if he got less than 6/120, and I think it's closer to 200 than 100.

Coming off a nearly five win season with an established level of 3+ wins. That basically guarantees $20M+ a year. It would be pretty stunning if he got less than 6/120, and I think it's closer to 200 than 100.

Me too. But if we do not make an offer at all, it will be said that he would have signed for that if only the Orioles had been smart and not stingy.

troll%20%281%29.jpg?psid=1

Me too. But if we do not make an offer at all, it will be said that he would have signed for that if only the Orioles had been smart and not stingy.

troll (1).jpg?psid=1

You don't have to be the highest bid if you're good at wining and dining. That was MacPhail's fatal flaw. We'd have Tex and Davis would be a DH/RFer.

Haha, what? I didn't say any of that tomfoolery. I was telling the poster (Who I quoted) That he is insane if he believes that The Deputy would even have a seat at the table if the Orioles came to him talking that kind of nonsense. That's where the "Chuck the Deuce" bit came in. Meaning that he going to say goodbye to Baltimore really fast.

I was coming home from the game and Tom Davis and Dave Johnson were on the radio. Davis claims he was told by an Oriole official that the Orioles have been in contact with Boras must of the year on Davis.He thinks the Orioles should come out and tell the fans that.He thinks the Orioles look bad and need to come out tell the story. I sent him a note saying you are with the station and get someone on to say this.Davis is not reliable.

I was coming home from the game and Tom Davis and Dave Johnson were on the radio. Davis claims he was told by an Oriole official that the Orioles have been in contact with Boras must of the year on Davis.He thinks the Orioles should come out and tell the fans that.He thinks the Orioles look bad and need to come out tell the story. I sent him a note saying you are with the station and get someone on to say this.Davis is not reliable.

We know from this very thread that at least some of the fan base will believe Davis over the team.

I think they should continue to keep quiet and try and get their work done.

Too many Davises here, which one is not reliable? The Big Fella or the Fat Fella?

Archived