Pressbox: Davis Named Most Valuable Oriole (Upset with No Extension Talk)

weams

AL leader in two of those seasons as well. The 2014 campaign is clearly a black mark (suspension as well). How much of an impact that will have on negotiations is anyone's guess. 7/175 is a bit high, but I'd be comfortable with 7/150 without a doubt. I have no way to prove this, but I believe Chris will age gracefully. He isn't reliant on speed, he has natural power, good walk rate and he's a great athlete for a man of his size.

Core of Machado-jones-Davis-schoop moving forward can compete with anyone. A legit COF bat in the mix and that's a dynastic offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we had signed him to a five year 80 million dollar deal last off-season while he was suspended and no one was sure if we were even going to pay the 12 million it was going to take to tender him. That would have been a huge gamble. It would have paid out at double the money.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish we had signed him to a five year 80 million dollar deal last off-season while he was suspended and no one was sure if we were even going to pay the 12 million it was going to take to tender him. That would have been a huge gamble. It would have paid out at double the money.

I have been wrong about a lot of things this season, but one thing I was right about was Davis. Plenty of folks around here thought tendering him was silly, I kept saying the return to form possibility was a lottery ticket that was easily worth the money. The other thing I was right about was offensive improvement from schoop. Couldn't believe some folks were convinced that he "is what he is" based on his rookie campaign.

Weird tendency for folks to see a good season and predict regression, but consider a poor season as the new norm.

I have been wrong about a lot of things this season, but one thing I was right about was Davis. Plenty of folks around here thought tendering him was silly, I kept saying the return to form possibility was a lottery ticket that was easily worth the money. The other thing I was right about was offensive improvement from schoop. Couldn't believe some folks were convinced that he "is what he is" based on his rookie campaign.

Weird tendency for folks to see a good season and predict regression, but consider a poor season as the new norm.

I was so wrong about Davis. I was so angry with him for ruining our World Series run that I wanted to keep Cruz and let him go.

Half of OH, wanted Davis gone from the team, DFA for his sins and they were done with him.

Glad the team didn't do that, but, what did it accomplish, just the delay leaving for a season?

Do players care much about these team awards? I'm sure they do in a "man, this is a nice honor" manner, but I don't think it goes that far with them in the long run. So I kinda wonder why they'd give it to a guy that's pretty likely to leave the team in about 30-60 days.

Put me down as someone that wants to wrap him up. I think it's going to be close to 6/150, personally, because I think someone will give him $25M a year. But it's hard to give another Oriole nearly twice as much money as AJ. At least from a fan's perspective/armchair GM. In the end, that will have nothing to do with negotiations, but it's something I think about at least.

I get that, but I don't see top 3 consideration either especially when Davis and Machado were slam dunks for the top 2.

Maybe a team employee wanted to vote for a player who would be here next year. Like Manny, Jones, Joesph. In that order. And By order, I just mean numerically. Not by suggestion. Or stronger.

Archived