Pressbox: Davis Named Most Valuable Oriole (Upset with No Extension Talk)

weams

I am absolutely certain that no formal proposal of an extension has been handed to Boras to give to Davis for consideration. Yes.

I don't know why you are so certain of that, but let's assume you are correct. Let's assume Duquette merely called up Boras and said, "would Chris Davis be willing to have you discuss parameters of an extension with us before the free agency period?" I would absolutely expect Boras to report that to his client.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why you are so certain of that, but let's assume you are correct. Let's assume Duquette merely called up Boras and said, "would Chris Davis be willing to have you discuss parameters of an extension with us before the free agency period?" I would absolutely expect Boras to report that to his client.

But admitting that such a conversation took place wouldn't help Davis.

Good info then.

Also, we know that Chris Davis has not always told the truth as well.

Dating to that season, Davis has said repeatedly that he wants to return to the Orioles for the right deal. But according to one industry source, there has been no tangible negotiations between the club, Davis and his agent, Scott Boras, in that time.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-davis-1003-20151002-story.html

Dating to that season, Davis has said repeatedly that he wants to return to the Orioles for the right deal. But according to one industry source, there has been no tangible negotiations between the club, Davis and his agent, Scott Boras, in that time.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-davis-1003-20151002-story.html

Which could mean that the O's talked to Boras and Boras said No thanks, we'll be testing the FA market.

Expressing interest is not a tangible negotiation.

To me a tangible negotiation would consist of, at the least, an offer, a counter-offer and further dialog.

Since that Adam Jones exception, I have not heard of any formal talks with any players or their agents regarding contracts in season. If any of you have, please share it here.

Next up Jake:

Agent to the stars Scott Boras wants you to know one thing about his clients: Not all of them get to free agency.

“For every one of my players who’s gone to free agency, I can name you Greg Maddux or Bernie Williams or Jason Varitek who stayed home,” Boras said last weekend.

The topic came up because Chicago Cubs starter Jake Arrieta is inching toward his big payday and many want to know if he’ll hit the open market or stay with the Cubs. The reigning pitcher of the month takes the mound on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks for the first time since throwing a no-hitter last Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He’s 17-6 with a 2.11 ERA this season. He had a 0.43 ERA in August.

“If the franchise is winning and ownership is willing, we certainly don’t mind long-term relationships,” Boras said.

http://myinforms.com/en-gb/a/16154086-scott-boras-cubs-really-let-jake-be-himself/

Since that Adam Jones exception, I have not heard of any formal talks with any players or their agents regarding contracts in season. If any of you have, please share it here.
Not in the regular season, but JJ Hardy signed last year on October 9, before the ALCS. Jones' comments are interesting in light of Davis' contract pursuits.
"J.J. has been one of the best shortstops in baseball the last three, four years, and he's deserving," Jones said. "He could have gone to free agency and gotten more money, but it's not about the money. He's still going to be eating good, and he's happy here.
source - ESPN

Not in the regular season, but JJ Hardy signed last year on October 9, before the ALCS. Jones' comments are interesting in light of Davis' contract pursuits.

source - ESPN

I thought they waited until the regular season was over last year to start the Hardy negotiation.

Next up Jake:

Agent to the stars Scott Boras wants you to know one thing about his clients: Not all of them get to free agency.

“For every one of my players who’s gone to free agency, I can name you Greg Maddux or Bernie Williams or Jason Varitek who stayed home,” Boras said last weekend.

The topic came up because Chicago Cubs starter Jake Arrieta is inching toward his big payday and many want to know if he’ll hit the open market or stay with the Cubs. The reigning pitcher of the month takes the mound on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks for the first time since throwing a no-hitter last Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He’s 17-6 with a 2.11 ERA this season. He had a 0.43 ERA in August.

“If the franchise is winning and ownership is willing, we certainly don’t mind long-term relationships,” Boras said.

http://myinforms.com/en-gb/a/16154086-scott-boras-cubs-really-let-jake-be-himself/

Dude, you are getting monomaniacal about Arrieta.

Let it go already.

There is no reason to be adding info about Arrieta in a Davis thread.

Archived