Give Manny Whatever He Wants.

Bahama O's Fan

I sure don't know the answer, but I do think that (1) MLB is not likely to do anything that significantly reduces the overall revenues to teams for having games televised, (2) if MLB's revenues from from cable networks decline, there will be an increase in revenues from other sources, such as MLB.TV and other internet-based sources, and (3) those increased revenues are likely to be shared more equally among the team than are revenues from cable networks.

Is Manny going to want to be here if there is not a winning team around him. He can probably get a $200 mill+ contract from a few other teams, why would he want to stay with the O's if he will be the only "star"? If the O's can't afford to sign Davis/comparable free agent, they might as well give up trying to extend Manny.

I sure don't know the answer, but I do think that (1) MLB is not likely to do anything that significantly reduces the overall revenues to teams for having games televised, (2) if MLB's revenues from from cable networks decline, there will be an increase in revenues from other sources, such as MLB.TV and other internet-based sources, and (3) those increased revenues are likely to be shared more equally among the team than are revenues from cable networks.

I don't think anyone knows the answer which makes calculating risk on a player contract approaching a quarter-bilion dollars a decade plus out a very sporting proposition does it not?

o

(OCTOBER 4th)

Manny Machado said that he's open to talking to the Orioles about an extension.

He wants to stay here. The club tried few years ago. They would gladly do it again.

SOURCE: )Roch Kubatko

https://twitter.com/masnRoch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

They all say this. Every one of them.

We should have a pool as to when he makes Boras his agent.

Archived