What Team Will Chris Davis Be Playing for in 2016?

TonySoprano

Who Signs Davis?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Signs Davis?

Sure. When adding Davis keeps them under 2009 payroll figures, why not? Reed could get hurt or not pan out. Or if he's as good as advertised, Davis could go to DH or OF. Springer could go be moved for more prospects.

Just because you have someone touted as the next great thing shouldn't dissuade you from adding talent. That's how you miss out on Buster Posey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to BBR HOU pay roll would be 112 M simply by adding Davis and doing nothing else. According to Cots their 2009 OD payroll was 102 M It's silly to spend almost a quarter of your total payroll on one player.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
according to BBR HOU pay roll would be 112 M simply by adding Davis and doing nothing else. According to Cots their 2009 OD payroll was 102 M It's silly to spend almost a quarter of your total payroll on one player.

Why? I can see that when you have no farm and the primary way to supplement your team is FA. If you're surrounded with pre arb, early arb, and minor league talent like the Astros you can afford to have your highest paid player take up a larger proportion of the payroll.

Look at the Mets. Wright is making roughly 20% of the payroll.

Why? I can see that when you have no farm and the primary way to supplement your team is FA. If you're surrounded with pre arb, early arb, and minor league talent like the Astros you can afford to have your highest paid player take up a larger proportion of the payroll.

They would be a better team without him.

• 1 month later...
I can't imagine them being able to unload Hanley without eating at least half of that contract.

I cant imagine them unloading him even if they eat half that contract.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Does the option vest if he is traded?

They would be a better team without him.

Yes, but the point about Davis still stands. The reason the Astros won't do it is more people believe, right or wrong, they're comfortable with Reed stepping into the position.

If Davis goes to Boston he's hitting 55+ bombs.

Not going to say something dumb like "I'll eat my shoe if he does!". But if he hasn't done that in Camden Yards I doubt he'd do it in Diamond City...err I mean Fenway Park. Now 55+ doubles on the other hand.

Yeah, Fenway Park is definitely more of a right-handed hitters' stadium (for power hitters, anyway.)

If you don't wrap the ball around the Pesky pole, the distances are pretty challenging in rightfield and right-centerfield.

overlay_1449250596_725107561.jpg

Fenway is made for left handed hitters who can go the other way.

Saying he would hit 55 homers is a bit ambitious though. Especially

since he'll only be going there as a visiting player.

Sorry for the image size. I have no idea how to re-size it.

Archived