What Team Will Chris Davis Be Playing for in 2016?

TonySoprano

Who Signs Davis?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Signs Davis?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gnats, BOS, SEA, STL.

Nationals have Zimmerman at 1B, Harper and Werth at the corners. No room for Davis.

Boston has Ramirez at 1b, Betts and Castillo at the corner, Ortiz at DH. No room for Davis.

Seattle is not at place to go to. Its a place to escape from. They are 12th in pitching and 13th in runs scored. They are at an all time high in payroll at 123m. That probably will not go up.

78m signed for 5 players

21m arbitration according MLBTR for 5 players

7.5 for the rest of the cheap players.

106.5m

subtracted from 123m is 17m left.

And that is before they resign Iwakuma.

There is not enough money in Seattle to sign Davis.

Cardinals just won 100 games. Their payroll is 122m. They have never signed at player for 20m a year or more. Their highest contract is 7/120 guaranteed. It has a 18m vesting option.

So why do the Cards offer Davis their highest contract ever when they just won 100 games. The Cards are creative. There are other ways to go.

Nationals have Zimmerman at 1B, Harper and Werth at the corners. No room for Davis.

Boston has Ramirez at 1b, Betts and Castillo at the corner, Ortiz at DH. No room for Davis.

Seattle is not at place to go to. Its a place to escape from. They are 12th in pitching and 13th in runs scored. They are at an all time high in payroll at 123m. That probably will not go up.

78m signed for 5 players

106.5m

Cardinals just won 100 games. Their payroll is 122m. They have never signed at player for 20m a year or more. Their highest contract is 7/120 guaranteed. It has a 18m vesting option.

So why do the Cards offer Davis their highest contract ever when they just won 100 games. The Cards are creative. There are other ways to go.

I see you are in the process of convincing yourself that no one will want Davis but BAL. Enjoy your pipe dream. How do you know how much money SEA has to spend? You don't even know what BAL has. No one does. BOS could trade Hanley and Ortiz won't play much longer than a year. Meantime Davis can play RF. STL might take a look at the competition in the NL Central and decide they need an offensive upgrade over Reynolds/Adams. Lets see how they do v the Cubs. And why would WAS cling to an oft injured 1B with 16 HR over Davis? Can't afford him?

78m signed for 5 players

106.5m

I didn't think they Yankees would sign Teixeira when they traded for Swisher and already had Gardner, Damon, Cabrera, and Matsui.

With Zimmerman and Werth's injury problems, Davis could be enticing. They could play Harper in CF if everyone was healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you are in the process of convincing yourself that no one will want Davis but BAL. Enjoy your pipe dream. How do you know how much money SEA has to spend? You don't even know what BAL has. No one does. BOS could trade Hanley and Ortiz won't play much longer than a year. Meantime Davis can play RF. STL might take a look at the competition in the NL Central and decide they need an offensive upgrade over Reynolds/Adams. Lets see how they do v the Cubs. And why would WAS cling to an oft injured 1B with 16 HR over Davis? Can't afford him?

Cards have Moss at 1B

Red Sox have Betts and Castillo at the corners.

Actually I was pretty convinced that Davis was going. But I spent about two hours trying to figure out where he would go and didn't find much that made sense. Teams can always trade someone away but some of the contracts are pretty big anchors.

Cards have Moss at 1B

Actually I was pretty convinced that Davis was going. But I spent about two hours trying to figure out where he would go and didn't find much that made sense. Teams can always trade someone away but some of the contracts are pretty big anchors.

Maybe Moss moves back to right if Heyward moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cards have Moss at 1B

Right who would want Davis if they had Brandon Moss? :rolleyestf: Really? You don't think these teams would consider trades to make room for an upgrade like Davis? Where do you think he ends up besides BAL?

Cards have Moss at 1B

Boston will eat some money to move players if necessary. It is a whole new regime, and a rather intelligent one at that. Similar situation in Seattle, but I don't see him going there as I think they will focus on trades and pitching.

Teams that are willing to spend money will find a way if Davis is their target. Power is enticing and hard too come by. Besides, a low ball offer just to stay in Baltimore will be rejected by Boras just on principle.

Right who would want Davis if they had Brandon Moss? :rolleyestf: Really? You don't think these teams would consider trades to make room for an upgrade like Davis? Where do you think he ends up besides BAL?

The juggernaut that is Brandon Moss is hard to get rid of...haha! I still say a dark horse like Miami will come along.

It doesn't seem likely to me that the Cards win 100 games with a 122m payroll and then exceed that 122m the next year. That they spend more a player than they have ever spent before. Just doesn't seem like the Cards style.

1st round draft choice Stephen Piscotty will replace Heyward in right.

It doesn't seem likely to me that the Cards win 100 games with a 122m payroll and then exceed that 122m the next year. That they spend more a player than they have ever spent before. Just doesn't seem like the Cards style.

1st round draft choice Stephen Piscotty will replace Heyward in right.

You didn't answer my question. Where do you think he ends up besides BAL?

Archived