Matt Harvey for Zach Britton?

weams

Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

Harvey has had a bad year, as far as how he is valued by his club.

A 2.71 ERA in almost 200 innings coming back from injury doesn't equate to a "bad year" under any metric I've heard of. He probably could've run over a Wilpon during his traffic troubles without losing his sheen completely.

Britton doesn't come anywhere close to getting a deal done, IMO. Not even remotely close.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 2.71 ERA in almost 200 innings coming back from injury doesn't equate to a "bad year" under any metric I've heard of. He probably could've run over a Wilpon during his traffic troubles without losing his sheen completely.

Britton doesn't come anywhere close to getting a deal done, IMO. Not even remotely close.

If Britton is enough then the tensions between player and team are a lot worse then have been reported.

Why in the world does anyone want to trade Zach Britton? Who would be our closer if Zach Britton were to be traded?

Who was our closer when Johnson got traded?

Who was our closer when Gregg got demoted?

There is not a doubt in my mind that Givens could close.

If you can trade 70 innings of quality relief for 200 innings of quality starting you do it.

Who was our closer when Johnson got traded?

Who was our closer when Gregg got demoted?

There is not a doubt in my mind that Givens could close.

If you can trade 70 innings of quality relief for 200 innings of quality starting you do it.

That is assuming that DD can pull off a worthwhile trade. Which, at least for me, is a very tenuous assumption. :rolleyestf:

Harvey opened his big mouth and said something really stupid, selfish, and incendiary in the heat of a pennant race.

He essentially pulled an anti-Derek Jeter ("Gee, I just want to do whatever I can to help the club, the team comes first, etc.") by doing so.

Nobody is denying that.

However, just because he said something foolish, incendiary, and thoughtless that alienated his teammates and the front office does not equate him to having had a bad year.

Harvey opened his big mouth and said something really stupid, selfish, and incendiary in the heat of a pennant race.

He essentially pulled an anti-Derek Jeter ("Gee, I just want to do whatever I can to help the club, the team comes first, etc.") by doing so.

Nobody is denying that.

However, just because he said something foolish, incendiary, and thoughtless that alienated his teammates and the front office does not equate him to having had a bad year.

I never meant that he had pitched badly. It was not a good year for the Dark Knight. Papelbon pitched well too.

I never meant that he had pitched badly. It was not a good year for the Dark Knight. Papelbon pitched well too.

It certainly was not a good ending to the season for him, that's for sure.

However, I do believe that he is very aware of how much he put his foot in his mouth when the immediate backlash came ...... and I think that his teammates know that as well, so I suspect that even if they were angry with him for what he said, they probably forgave him soon afterward.

The Mets' front office ...... well, they may a little less quick to forgive Harvey as his teammates for his selfish, verbal blunder, but I also don't think that they would cut off their noses to spite their faces. Harvey is part of an integral, young staring pitching core that is arguably among the 2 or 3 best in all of baseball (and that doesn't even include the injured Zack Wheeler, who will be back sometime next year after having undergone Tommy John surgery.) I don't see them jettisoning him anytime soon because of what he said, even if they do think that he is a self-centered brat.

What does that mean? He's had a 4+ win season despite an innings cap. The Orioles would be insane to not pull the trigger on this trade. The only possible reason would be if they have really stringent payroll concerns because of Angelos and decided they just can't afford any top starters ever.

It certainly was not a good ending to the season for him, that's for sure.

However, I do believe that he is very aware of how much he put his foot in his mouth when the immediate backlash came ...... and I think that his teammates know that as well, so I suspect that even if they were angry with him for what he said, they probably forgave him soon afterward.

The Mets' front office ...... well, they may a little less quick to forgive Harvey as his teammates for his selfish, verbal blunder, but I also don't think that they would cut off their noses to spite their faces. Harvey is part of an integral, young staring pitching core that is arguably among the 2 or 3 best in all of baseball (and that doesn't even include the injured Zack Wheeler, who will be back sometime next year after having undergone Tommy john surgery.) I don't see them jettisoning him anytime soon because of what he said, even if they do think that he is a self-centered brat.

Seems to me this idea they'd trade one of the better young starters in baseball for a reliever is on par with the folks saying Manny will probably be traded because he said he'd like to keep Davis and add some other players. Pretty outlandish.

Seems to me this idea they'd trade one of the better young starters in baseball for a reliever is on par with the folks saying Manny will probably be traded because he said he'd like to keep Davis and add some other players. Pretty outlandish.

I think it would be closer to say Manny should have been traded last season because he threw a bat.

Between the innings cap and him flaking out on the workout I think he has given some legitimate cause to the idea of him being out of favor.

I think it would be closer to say Manny should have been traded last season because he threw a bat.

Between the innings cap and him flaking out on the workout I think he has given some legitimate cause to the idea of him being out of favor.

He was 22 at the time. He never meant to be childish. If he had said in August that his knees felt fine but he needed to shut it down for the season because he had to protect his future value? Well.

Also after you and Drungo had forgiven him when he backed down and said that he would play part time...If he did not show up game 162?

Not that his value would be gone. Not at all. The possibility that his value would be explored might go up. Especially if he had a good statistical year.

Archived