Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It certainly was not a good ending to the season for him, that's for sure.

However, I do believe that he is very aware of how much he put his foot in his mouth when the immediate backlash came ...... and I think that his teammates know that as well, so I suspect that even if they were angry with him for what he said, they probably forgave him soon afterward.

The Mets' front office ...... well, they may a little less quick to forgive Harvey as his teammates for his selfish, verbal blunder, but I also don't think that they would cut off their noses to spite their faces. Harvey is part of an integral, young staring pitching core that is arguably among the 2 or 3 best in all of baseball (and that doesn't even include the injured Zack Wheeler, who will be back sometime next year after having undergone Tommy John surgery.) I don't see them jettisoning him anytime soon because of what he said, even if they do think that he is a self-centered brat.

The O's need Harvey like they need a hole in the head. :rolleyestf:

Why in the world do you believe that Britton should be traded? Why not someone else?

I mean, if you're getting a young, controllable and really good ace for a position that has proven time and time again to be replaceable (Britton was almost cut during Spring Training 2014), then you pull the trigger 10 times out of 10.

I mean, if you're getting a young, controllable and really good ace for a position that has proven time and time again to be replaceable (Britton was almost cut during Spring Training 2014), then you pull the trigger 10 times out of 10.

I saw him pitch in the spring of 2014.

He wasn't close to getting cut.

Now if there had been a crunch on the 40 man a few months earlier...

Britton was almost cut in ST 2014 because he was trying to make it, and failing at, being a starter. He was just another LH reliever, a replaceable machine part. But when Tommy Hunter failed as the closer, and Britton succeeded big time, he was no longer a replaceable machine part. He still isn't a replaceable machine part.

As for Harvey, he's too temperamental and puts his foot into his mouth too often. He would be a huge risk IMO.

You're kidding, right? Britton is FAR from untradeable.

Why in the world do you believe that Britton should be traded? Why not someone else?

Why Britton, and not someone else ???

Because I wouldn't want to the Orioles to trade Manny Machado for Harvey, and I doubt that the Mets would accept Gerardo Parra for Harvey.

Not that I think that the Mets would do a Harvey-for-Britton trade in the first place, but being that we're on the subject (and the fact that you think that Britton is untradeable), what current Orioles player(s) do you think would be a reasonable and realistic compensation that the Mets might accept for Harvey?

He was 22 at the time. He never meant to be childish. If he had said in August that his knees felt fine but he needed to shut it down for the season because he had to protect his future value? Well.

Also after you and Drungo had forgiven him when he backed down and said that he would play part time...If he did not show up game 162?

Not that his value would be gone. Not at all. The possibility that his value would be explored might go up. Especially if he had a good statistical year.

I hope you're right and the Mets have so soured on him that they'll trade him to the Orioles at a massive discount.

Am I missing something? Why in the world would the Mets trade at worst their #2 starter with a sub 3 ERA for a closer?

Missing a workout and the innings limit controversy are not THAT big of a deal.

Harvey said something that was very controversial and incendiary last month while his team was in the midst of a pennant-race, and on their way to their first postseason appearance since 2006.

He also missed a workout today, although he did say that he was sorry ("I screwed up.")

Probably most significantly, we're all bored and waiting for the start of tonight's playoff game so that we can root against the Yankees, and hope for a quick postseason exit for them.

The O's need Harvey like they need a hole in the head. :rolleyestf:

Yep, we surely can't use a frontline starter in a rotation filled with nothing but the back end variety.

Harvey's career 2.53 ERA and career 1.000 WHIP would be like a cancer to our team starting pitching, which netted a 4.28 ERA and 1.317 WHIP for the 2015 season.

It would be like oil and water. They just wouldn't mix.

Yep, we surely can't use a frontline starter in a rotation filled with nothing but the back end variety.

Yeah, on the contrary to Nevermore's post, we actually could use Harvey. Like really really use Harvey. If the O's somehow pulled off the grand theft of Matt Harvey from the Mets for something like Britton, they could focus on keeping Davis and adding another bat, considering the incredible value Harvey provides.

Am I missing something Why in the world would the Mets trade at worst their #2 starter with a sub 3 ERA for a closer??

Missing a workout and the innings limit controversy are not THAT big of a deal

If we gave the Mets enough Natty Boh..... :beerchug1:

Archived