Randy Edsall FIRED ! Locksley Interim HC

Danielos38

Not at all. Whoever else I've had any kind of back and forth with' date=' I've never said any personal insults. And I haven't meant to personally insult you either. You have come across as a soft shouldered, hurt fanboy in this thread. I say that in the most objective, non-insulting way possible. You're at the point of saying a MD grad, who is clearly following what MD is doing with interest, hates MD. How can anybody hate MD? They have been irrelevant in every sport I follow my entire life, except for two years under Gary Williams. Pretending I went to UVA or some place, how could anybody ever build up enough cares to have it out for MD? But this is what your irrational, emotional response to this thread has led you to.[/quote']

When have I said anything anything irrational? You claimed that Maryland couldn't recruit players because their parents didn't go there and I called you out on it. You claimed that PA has a ton of talent and MD doesn't have talent. I called you out on it and proved that MD/DC has just as much talent.

I haven't been irrational about anything. You made statements with no facts to back them up and I called you out. You then resorted to insults instead of posting any information in support of your statements. What's the easiest thing to do when you know you're wrong and don't want to admit it? Insult the other person. I'm sorry that you seem to live such a negative life. I've never seen a single positive post from you.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When have I said anything anything irrational? You claimed that Maryland couldn't recruit players because their parents didn't go there and I called you out on it. You claimed that PA has a ton of talent and MD doesn't have talent. I called you out on it and proved that MD/DC has just as much talent.

I haven't been irrational about anything. You made statements with no facts to back them up and I called you out. You then resorted to insults instead of posting any information in support of your statements. What's the easiest thing to do when you know you're wrong and don't want to admit it? Insult the other person. I'm sorry that you seem to live such a negative life. I've never seen a single positive post from you.

Never claimed any of that. I said you don't have a Terp base in MD. Kids don't grow up in MD households. I said too many transplants. No hometown pressure to stay in state. Used parents not going to school as an example of the non-MD households, but not the sole reason why. And everything I said cannot be argued against. My characterization of the state of MD, and why it's different than these other places people are pointing to as to "if they can do it, why not us" has been spot on. You then "called me out on it."

Like I said, you've bumped this thread with Paul Finebaum takes when he's arguing that CENTRAL FLORIDA is a better job than Miami, and a complete mischaracterization of what I said of MD as a program, as I never argued nobody would want to coach here.. All because your fandom was hurt, and it bleeds through everyone of your posts. Other posters who seem to actually like "college football" have called you out on it.. You've attempted to explain what I have said about the state and the program, by me having it out for the program. Although I'm not sure how any sports fan, let alone a MD grad, could have it out for MD. They aren't the Yankees. They aren't the Lakers. What school am I actually rooting for that is causing me to hate my Alma Mater? It's just an idiotic argument that you've propped up to explain why somebody might not agree with you.

And lol @ you noticing my posts and posting style. I'm sorry to say I'm not as sweet on you as you are on me, so I haven't noticed you once, and will forget you when this thread eventually dies. You'll have to keep reminding me that you're "that guy" in the future.

Never claimed any of that. I said you don't have a Terp base in MD. Kids don't grow up in MD households. I said too many transplants. No hometown pressure to stay in state. Used parents not going to school as an example of the non-MD households' date=' but not the sole reason why. And everything I said cannot be argued against. My characterization of the state of MD, and why it's different than these other places people are pointing to as to "if they can do it, why not us" has been spot on. You then "called me out on it."

Like I said, you've bumped this thread with Paul Finebaum takes when he's arguing that CENTRAL FLORIDA is a better job than Miami, and a complete mischaracterization of what I said of MD as a program, as I never argued nobody would want to coach here.. All because your fandom was hurt, and it bleeds through everyone of your posts. Other posters who seem to actually like "college football" have called you out on it.. You've attempted to explain what I have said about the state and the program, by me having it out for the program. Although I'm not sure how any sports fan, let alone a MD grad, could have it out for MD. They aren't the Yankees. They aren't the Lakers. What school am I actually rooting for that is causing me to hate my Alma Mater? It's just an idiotic argument that you've propped up to explain why somebody might not agree with you.

And lol @ you noticing my posts and posting style. I'm sorry to say I'm not as sweet on you as you are on me, so I haven't noticed you once, and will forget you when this thread eventually dies. You'll have to keep reminding me that you're "that guy" in the future.[/quote']

Who are these "other posters" that you speak of that have apparently called me out? The only one I can think of is waroriole. That's one poster. Singular.

I'm not going to sit here and type the same things that I've typed 10 times already. But I will say that you seem to think that I'm sitting here saying MD should have a top 5 program when I'm not saying that at all. I do think that a borderline top 25 program is fair to expect given the advantages that MD has.

And the fact that I've noticed your posts is not a positive thing and I'll leave it at that.

Who are these "other posters" that you speak of that have apparently called me out? The only one I can think of is waroriole. That's one poster. Singular.

I'm not going to sit here and type the same things that I've typed 10 times already. But I will say that you seem to think that I'm sitting here saying MD should have a top 5 program when I'm not saying that at all. I do think that a borderline top 25 program is fair to expect given the advantages that MD has.

And the fact that I've noticed your posts is not a positive thing and I'll leave it at that.

giphy.gif

Surprised O'Brien would let info leak about bring interested in another job... I guess that's the way it works. It sounds like he would be a great hire, but you would have to get a solid 5+ year commitment.

Yeah, apparently with the way that story read. O'Brien and the Texans GM don't see eye to eye. To which the Texans owner seems to have the GM's back.

O'Brien would be a good fit but he'd probably be gone in a couple years.

This is what I would be worried about with him. The rumors were he didn't enjoy the "college" aspects of college football. Having to recruit and win over high school students, and didn't like having to work rooms and cuddle up with with boosters. How long does someone like that stay in college football?

He is already getting the rep that he arrives with his bags already packed. But like ChrisP said Maryland should probably insist on a substantial commitment from him.

But what NFL team isn't going to be able to afford the buy out? If the Cowboys fired Garrett and decided to hire O'Brien, whatever number MD can realistically put on the paper going to deter Jones or most owners in the league.

But what NFL team isn't going to be able to afford the buy out? If the Cowboys fired Garrett and decided to hire O'Brien' date=' whatever number MD can realistically put on the paper going to deter Jones or most owners in the league.[/quote']

Well the story did say O'Brien was interested in the Maryland job. Not the other way around. Now he might have leaked his interest to get the Texans owner to rethink his relationship with Smith.

Well the story did say O'Brien was interested in the Maryland job. Not the other way around. Now he might have leaked his interest to get the Texans owner to rethink his relationship with Smith.

Yeah, I wasn't saying he wasn't interested based on that. Just the idea that MD can then do something to hedge against the fear that O'Brien will bail quickly. The way schools do that is with buyouts. But if the institution doing the buyout is the NFL, it basically becomes pointless. O'Brien is just going to have to require chancing it.

Yeah' date=' I wasn't saying he wasn't interested based on that. Just the idea that MD can then do something to hedge against the fear that O'Brien will bail quickly. The way schools do that is with buyouts. But if the institution doing the buyout is the NFL, it basically becomes pointless. O'Brien is just going to have to require chancing it.[/quote']

Okay, I do see the point on that one.

Is it weird that I care more for who the Terps get as Offensive Coordinator than I do Head Coach? I'd love for MD to lure Ashley Ingram from Navy and give him a promotion to OC. Being the offensive line coach for a team that routinely finishes in the top 5 in rushing since he's been there. He has to know a great deal about blocking schemes. I wonder if he'd be willing to leave Navy though.

Okay, I do see the point on that one.

Is it weird that I care more for who the Terps get as Offensive Coordinator than I do Head Coach? I'd love for MD to lure Ashley Ingram from Navy and give him a promotion to OC. Being the offensive line coach for a team that routinely finishes in the top 5 in rushing since he's been there. He has to know a great deal about blocking schemes. I wonder if he'd be willing to leave Navy though.

I see some people making that argument with Charlie Strong. Bring him to South Carolina or Miami and give him a great OC and you're set. But I don't really like that idea. You need a coach that allows the coordinators to be interchangeable. Not saying interchangeable in the sense that anybody can do the job, but in the sense that a good coach will always identify a good coordinator, and build the type of program that will hum with any of those good coordinators he chooses. Bobby Bowden got them to stay, and Joe Pa had Sandusky, but for the most part, if you're program is where you want it to be, and your coordinators are doing what you hope as a fan, they really shouldn't be sticking around too long anyway. So I would care far more about who the coach will be than the coordinator.

Archived