Randy Edsall FIRED ! Locksley Interim HC

Danielos38

Does Bud not want to be a head coach? Is he basically just the defensive version of Norm Chow and is insufferable as a person?

1) He is not a good recruiter. He probably doesn't kiss the butts of the 17 & 18 yos as much as he has to.

2) He is not a media-genic personality. Kind of a tough guy type, significant temper. The head coach has to be more like a CEO these days.

3) You hear other whispers from folks in the know that are kind of non-specific that I don't know what to make of. You have to realize that for 29 years we have had a guy as a head coach who is a complete gentleman, squeaky clean, church going guy who would give you the shirt off his back, take time to talk to strangers, care about people he has barely met as if they were family. I am realistic enough to know that the likelihood of getting another Frank is very slim, the next guy might be a little more rough around the edges. But some people have gotten accustomed to Frank so the idea of someone who might perhaps curse a little too much or drink a little too much bothers them. Doesn't bother me, and I have no idea if it affects the selection. But those people tend to say they don't think Foster is the man.

This was a quote from a reporter who did a book on Beamer:

“Beamer is just the type of guy to make coffee for the office secretaries, move his car so an elderly person could have a better parking spot, take a campus visitor to lunch, buy a gift card for a staff member who became engaged a day earlier, drive 80 miles round-trip to spend an hour with a friend dying of cancer, stand up five times during dinner to have his picture taken with fans, smiling and laughing each time as if he had known those strangers for a lifetime, or a tip a waitress 50% of the bill because he overheard her say she was struggling to pay off her student loans. You know what makes the man special? I witnessed him do all of those things in one day – February 11, 2013, to be exact.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add Missouri to the list of job openings.

Lymphoma, that's terrible. Not sure where that job lands. Being in the SEC certainly helps, but they don't have the tradition of Va Tech and Miami. Probably #5 on the list.

Maryland better be proactive, and not expecting too much, or they're boned.

Lymphoma, that's terrible. Not sure where that job lands. Being in the SEC certainly helps, but they don't have the tradition of Va Tech and Miami. Probably #5 on the list.

Maryland better be proactive, and not expecting too much, or they're boned.

I don't like the Missouri job. I don't really like any job that is going to require me to leave the state to be a powerhouse. And you aren't going to win consistently with MO talent. And the talent pool you're pulling from are from states that don't play in your conference. Which makes it even harder. And then your in a conference that, even if you do recruit beyond a level that the university might expect, it's still not even going to be in the Top 5 recruiting classes in the conference.

So Maryland interviewed Lane Kiffin apparently.

Kiffin can recruit really well' date=' although it's easy to recruit USC. But he's such a horrible coach and so sleazy. He also runs the kind of offense I'm not sure Maryland should be looking towards.[/quote']

But I thought no one would ever want to coach at Maryland and they were "boned" because of all the job openings. :scratchchinhmm:

But I thought no one would ever want to coach at Maryland and they were "boned" because of all the job openings. :scratchchinhmm:

LOL, yeah, that's exactly what I said.

I said MD is a difficult place to win at, and money isn't going to change that. Now, MD might offer 20 million dollars a year and they would have every coach in the country wanting to coach at MD. But that doesn't make it a program that will be easy to win at, because there are serious structural limitations within the state. If you aren't capable of understanding that, not agreeing with it, but understanding what I'm arguing, well, that's why they invented little kid tables for when adults talk.

And Kiffin isn't exactly some hot shot coach that a ton of programs are beating down his door to coach at. He has done nothing but burn bridges and fail, to the point where Haden didn't let him get on the bus with the team. Just told him you're fired, get away from my school find your own way home. So even if what you think I argued was what I argued, MD interviewing Kiffin doesn't exactly disprove my point.

LOL' date=' yeah, that's exactly what I said.

I said MD is a difficult place to win at, and money isn't going to change that. Now, MD might offer 20 million dollars a year and they would have every coach in the country wanting to coach at MD. But that doesn't make it a program that will be easy to win at, because there are serious structural limitations within the state. If you aren't capable of understanding that, not agreeing with it, but understanding what I'm arguing, well, that's why they invented little kid tables for when adults talk.

And Kiffin isn't exactly some hot shot coach that a ton of programs are beating down his door to coach at. He has done nothing but burn bridges and fail, to the point where Haden didn't let him get on the bus with the team. Just told him you're fired, get away from my school find your own way home. So even if what you think I argued was what I argued, MD interviewing Kiffin doesn't exactly disprove my point.[/quote']

Sorry but you haven't made a decent argument yet. Maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you're talking about even though you like to think that you do.

You said PA has a "TON" of talent and the rest of the Northeast doesn't compare to PA's talent, when in fact MD/DC has had more talent in recent years.

Then your other argument was that Maryland can't recruit in-state players because their parents didn't go to MD LOL.

You're the same guy that said MD's basketball team was being rated #1 by some sources "by default", despite the fact that they probably have four 1st round draft picks on their team. Seems like you're just anti-Maryland for whatever reason.

Sorry but you haven't made a decent argument yet. Maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you're talking about even though you like to think that you do.

You said PA has a "TON" of talent and the rest of the Northeast doesn't compare to PA's talent, when in fact MD/DC has had more talent in recent years.

Then your other argument was that Maryland can't recruit in-state players because their parents didn't go to MD LOL.

You're the same guy that said MD's basketball team was being rated #1 by some sources "by default", despite the fact that they probably have four 1st round draft picks on their team. Seems like you're just anti-Maryland for whatever reason.

You're just struggling here. I'm convinced you dont' watch college football, you just really like MD sports. Which is fine, but it just exposes you in these kinds of discussions.

PA does have a ton of talent compared to the other states in the NE, and has traditionally been a pipeline for Penn State.

I never said MD can't recruit because parents didn't go to College Park. I have multiple posts on the subject explaining why MD is at a disadvantage in-state recruiting.

And yes, it's a down year in college basketball. You just had to watch top teams last night to see it's going to be a long year for a lot of these teams in the Top 10.

And I went to MD. I'm clearly closely following the MD job search. But I, unlike you, am not a MD homer. College football is my favorite sports, college basketball my second favorite sport. I don't look at this from a MD perspective, but a college football perspective. You're problem is you have taken my remarks about MD personally. So it's caused you to bump this thread with posts that read more like you're thinking with your soft shoulders, rather than an unbiased mind. Which is fine, but at least accurately reflect what I've said.

You're just struggling here. I'm convinced you dont' watch college football' date=' you just really like MD sports. Which is fine, but it just exposes you in these kinds of discussions.

PA does have a ton of talent compared to the other states in the NE, and has traditionally been a pipeline for Penn State.

I never said MD can't recruit because parents didn't go to College Park. I have multiple posts on the subject explaining why MD is at a disadvantage in-state recruiting.

And yes, it's a down year in college basketball. You just had to watch top teams last night to see it's going to be a long year for a lot of these teams in the Top 10.

And I went to MD. I'm clearly closely following the MD job search. But I, unlike you, am not a MD homer. College football is my favorite sports, college basketball my second favorite sport. I don't look at this from a MD perspective, but a college football perspective. You're problem is you have taken my remarks about MD personally. So it's caused you to bump this thread with posts that read more like you're thinking with your soft shoulders, rather than an unbiased mind. Which is fine, but at least accurately reflect what I've said.[/quote']

I'm the one struggling? You resorted to personal insults because you know that your opinions are not based in fact at all. You're just making stuff up as you go along and passing them off as fact, and then when someone calls you out on it, they're a homer and don't watch sports. Sounds like things that a person says when they're struggling.

Just because I think your arguments are idiotic doesn't mean I'm a homer. I'm not sitting here saying that I expect MD to compete for the Natty every year.

So Maryland interviewed Lane Kiffin apparently.

Kiffin can recruit really well' date=' although it's easy to recruit USC. But he's such a horrible coach and so sleazy. He also runs the kind of offense I'm not sure Maryland should be looking towards.[/quote']

That's not bad for MD. He's a solid recruiter, though I don't know how good of s coach he is. He's never had any success as a HC. Good OC though.

I'm the one struggling? You resorted to personal insults because you know that your opinions are not based in fact at all. You're just making stuff up as you go along and passing them off as fact, and then when someone calls you out on it, they're a homer and don't watch sports. Sounds like things that a person says when they're struggling.

Just because I think your arguments are idiotic doesn't mean I'm a homer. I'm not sitting here saying that I expect MD to compete for the Natty every year.

Not at all. Whoever else I've had any kind of back and forth with, I've never said any personal insults. And I haven't meant to personally insult you either. You have come across as a soft shouldered, hurt fanboy in this thread. I say that in the most objective, non-insulting way possible. You're at the point of saying a MD grad, who is clearly following what MD is doing with interest, hates MD. How can anybody hate MD? They have been irrelevant in every sport I follow my entire life, except for two years under Gary Williams. Pretending I went to UVA or some place, how could anybody ever build up enough cares to have it out for MD? But this is what your irrational, emotional response to this thread has led you to.

That's not bad for MD. He's a solid recruiter, though I don't know how good of s coach he is. He's never had any success as a HC. Good OC though.

My problem with Kiffin is you need to be pretty talented to run that offense he runs. And when you're out in California, where top QBs grow on trees, you can run his sophisticated system. But MD isn't going to be out-talenting most teams on Saturday. They need to adopt the kind of offensive system that Auburn or Bowling Green runs.

Archived