Is Jones endorsing an OF of Parra, Jones, Alvarez?

wildcard

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because neither Buck nor Kirby will put up with the game being played any way but right. Parra will be doing drills until they come out his ears until he gets it right. And if he makes the mistake again he will be doing more drills. And on top on that Jones will be the enforcer.

I do not for one second think that is how it works. Not for one second.

Zobrist, Span, Jackson?

Zobrist is a very good player that will be 35 early in the season next year. How many years do you think his contract will be? Dan has already proven that he will not give a 4 year contract to a 34 year players. He will be in high demand.

Span probably can not pass the O's physical coming off hip surgery as a speed guy.

Parra hits better than Jackson. The O's do need some offense.

Zobrist is a very good player that will be 35 early in the season next year. How many years do you think his contract will be? Dan has already proven that he will not give a 4 year contract to a 34 year players. He will be in high demand.

Span probably can not pass the O's physical coming off hip surgery as a speed guy.

Parra hits better than Jackson. The O's do need some offense.

Jackson actaually has slightly better career numbers: .273 .333 .399 .732 to Parra's .277 .326 .404 .730, has SB potential with speed, and is a better defender. Zobrist won't get that many years at his age, I think he will be a major target. He's the kind of player Buck loves. You have no idea what Span's health situation will be. If he passes the O's doctors he is a much better option than Parra.

I would have preferred Rasmus to Parra before he started going crazy in the ALDS, but we should be targeting a LHB. Reddick is another guy I'd rather have than Parra. Good year with the bat down year with the glove, but he's been a plus defender in the past.

Jackson actaually has slightly better career numbers: .273 .333 .399 .732 to Parra's .277 .326 .404 .730, has SB potential with speed, and is a better defender. Zobrist won't get that many years at his age, I think he will be a major target. He's the kind of player Buck loves. You have no idea what Span's health situation will be. If he passes the O's doctors he is a much better option than Parra.

Jackson has three strikes against him being a good fit for the O's.

1) He bats righthanded. The O's need lefthanded batters.

2) His last two years he has hit poorly. 665 OPS and 696 OPS. That is something the career numbers hide.

3) Jackson hits lefties better than righties. That mean he hits well against 20% of the pitchers and poorly vs 80% of the pitchers. Parra is the opposite. He hit righties well and doesn't hit lefties well. So he hits 80% of the pitchers well.

2) His last two years he has hit poorly. 665 OPS and 696 OPS. That is something the career numbers hide.

3) Jackson hits lefties better than righties. That mean he hits well against 20% of the pitchers and poorly vs 80% of the pitchers. Parra is the opposite. He hit righties well and doesn't hit lefties well. So he hits 80% of the pitchers well.

Just off the top of my head Cano had a .779 ops with Seattle this season. That park is just bad for most guys not named Cruz.

Most of the reason I like Jackson is because of the defense. LF is a lot of ground to cover in Baltimore. With the level of defense he plays if he could get back to a .740 ops. I think he could really help the O's.

Jackson has been bounced around between 3 clubs and both leagues the last 2 years. I don't put much weight on his recent numbers. He's got a higher upside than Parra and will cost less. If I could sign Zobrist, I'd prefer Jackson to Parra as the second COF, if only for his speed, defense, and the ability to truly cover CF.

Jackson has been bounced around between 3 clubs and both leagues the last 2 years. I don't put much weight on his recent numbers. He's got a higher upside than Parra and will cost less. If I could sign Zobrist, I'd prefer Jackson to Parra as the second COF, if only for his speed, defense, and the ability to truly cover CF.

Zobrist will be tough for the O's to get. I understand the points about Jackson and can see the logic. I wish is was a lefty though.

Zobrist will be tough for the O's to get. I understand the points about Jackson and can see the logic. I wish is was a lefty though.

I would think that any major bats the Orioles might get would have to be left-handed. Most pitchers are right-handed.

Archived