Best AL Record Since Dan Duquette Arrived.

weams

I'm pretty satisfied with the last four years as a whole, in terms of major league results. But I don't like the way we're trending. I very much doubt we'll have the best overall record over the next four years, and I'm worried we won't even be in the top half. I think Dan's going to have to have a great offseason for us to be over .500 next season. A lot will need to go right next year.

Here are the 4-year wins leaders, as I calculate them:

BAL 355

NYY 351

LAA 350

OAK 346

DET 345

KCR 342

TOR 339

TEX 339

Just talking about the last four seasons. Just that. Have no idea what will happen next. At least we are not in "CAP JAIL" some flexibility over the next couple years.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just talking about the last four seasons. Just that. Have no idea what will happen next. At least we are not in "CAP JAIL" some flexibility over the next couple years.

I wish our farm system was better. That's how you stay out of "cap jail." Hoping for some good luck on that front, because on paper, the farm system is pretty lousy. But if Mancini turns out to be a guy who can hit major league pitching and Bundy and/or Harvey can beat the odds and overcome their injury issues, things look a lot better. I haven't given up on Gausman turning into a reliable no. 2 starter, either.

I wish our farm system was better. That's how you stay out of "cap jail." Hoping for some good luck on that front, because on paper, the farm system is pretty lousy. But if Mancini turns out to be a guy who can hit major league pitching and Bundy and/or Harvey can beat the odds and overcome their injury issues, things look a lot better. I haven't given up on Gausman turning into a reliable no. 2 starter, either.

Can't dispute much of this.

o

I view the Orioles as being 3-0-1 since 2012.

That's not bad.

I view it as 2-2 Since 2012. Finishing .500 isn't good enough. Even Buck said so himself and I'm sure the players would agree. It's hard as hell to win the WS making the playoffs should be the goal at minimum. Winning records and .500 with no playoffs is a waste. If you consider my opinion of any importance.

The Orioles finished .500 one time in those 4 seasons, not twice.

I don't see finishing at .500 as good enough either, which is why I said that I view it as 3-0-1, and not 4-0.

3 winning seasons, 0 losing seasons, and one .500 season.

I'm pretty satisfied with the last four years as a whole, in terms of major league results. But I don't like the way we're trending. I very much doubt we'll have the best overall record over the next four years, and I'm worried we won't even be in the top half. I think Dan's going to have to have a great offseason for us to be over .500 next season. A lot will need to go right next year.

Here are the 4-year wins leaders, as I calculate them:

BAL 355

NYY 351

LAA 350

OAK 346

DET 345

KCR 342

TOR 339

TEX 339

I think the Cardinals and Nationals have the best record in the NL.

I don't see finishing at .500 as good enough either, which is why I said that I view it as 3-0-1, and not 4-0.

2 seasons making the playoffs 2 seasons they didn't is what I believe he meant.

2 seasons making the playoffs 2 seasons they didn't is what I believe he meant.

I know what he was implying, but he also said that "finishing .500 was not good enough" in his post, and I don't like those kinds of statements getting blended in to a larger claim to augment somebody's argument.

Also, he stated that a winning season without making the playoffs was a waste. The 2013 Orioles had a better record (85-77) than did the 2006 World Champion Cardinals, who were 83-78 with one rain-out that season. The 2012 Tampa Bay Rays went 90-72 in 2012, but did not make the postseason because they played in an extremely competitive division (and league) that year. I don't consider the 2013 Orioles' 85-77 season a waste, and I certainly don't consider the 2012 Tampa Bay Rays' 90-72 season a waste because of the fact that neither of them qualified for the postseason.

I take issue with sweeping generalizations when I feel that they don't contain at least a modicum of objectivity, which I don't think that his assertion(s) had.

For me not making the playoffs is a losing season. Making the playoffs is what you strive for cause anything can happen then. Therefor I view it as 2-2 even though the one season wasn't a .500 or below season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me not making the playoffs is a losing season. Making the playoffs is what you strive for cause anything can happen then. Therefor I view it as 2-2 even though the one season wasn't a .500 or below season.

You have a false definition.

Why because i believe making the playoffs and having a chance at a WS is winning? not winning a few more games then 81 and coming up short of a chance at the biggest stage?

Winning is winning. Winning.

Going to the playoff is great. And is a greater goal.

Winning it all is an ultimate goal.

Winning and not getting in the tournament isn't "winning".

Look we can agree to disagree when I turn them on I root every night for a chance in the playoffs if they don't make it in disappointed.

I'm still a proud O's fan, already counting down to opening day.

Archived