Crowd-source the Offseason

weams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was able to do one at 122 million, so raise the hard cap by an extra 5 (is that really that big of a deal?) and something could work. However I am sure the hard cap is 115 or less so what have is a no go.

They sold a draft pick for 2.5 million and revenues were down.

They will also be spending substantially more on the draft.

It might be a big deal.

I was able to do one at 122 million, so raise the hard cap by an extra 5 (is that really that big of a deal?) and something could work. However I am sure the hard cap is 115 or less so what have is a no go.

I'm convinced they are a 110 team this year.

You went over the 120M. Rules is rules.

For argument's sake, Dan Duquette is able to get a hard cap on payroll at $120 million from team owner Peter Angelos. This should leave approximately 43 million dollars for additions this offseason. Based on these numbers and our positional needs, how do you predict the Orioles Front Office will improve the team this offseason.

I think your rules are generous.

They sold a draft pick for 2.5 million and revenues were down.

They will also be spending substantially more on the draft.

It might be a big deal.

The Draft pick had a pool allotment of between $790,350 and $900,000 - Or so.

My team was right around 115 and I was able to add Upton, Kazmir, Parra, and Jaso in free agency. In the real world I'm not sure it is feasible to add all of those players for under 40 million. They probably run closer to 50 mil. I see Upton getting around 22 mil/season, 15 mil for Kazmir, 7 mil for Parra, and 5 for Jaso.

I don't see their being such a discrepancy between what Upton and Cespedes gets. They should receive similar contracts. Upton is younger and has a better track record where as Cespedes is coming off a huge second half and doesn't have a draft pick attached, so each guy has their plusses and minuses.

I did something on my own for 110 that I had posted on here. Want to see that? In this exercise, it would be easy to take advantage of their system. For instance they have Jon Lackey getting a 1/5M contract. That's ridiculous. He'll probably get a QO and if Colon got a 2/20 contract 2 years ago, Lackey will blow that away coming off of a 218 IP, 5.7 WAR season.

Good point.

Archived