Crowd-source the Offseason

weams

You went over the 120M. Rules is rules.

For argument's sake, Dan Duquette is able to get a hard cap on payroll at $120 million from team owner Peter Angelos. This should leave approximately 43 million dollars for additions this offseason. Based on these numbers and our positional needs, how do you predict the Orioles Front Office will improve the team this offseason.

Added 40.6 mil.

Davis (25)

Kazmir (13)

Reddick (7) - unsure who is given up

Jaso (3)

Reimold (.9)

Matusz (-3.4) non tendered

Gonzales (-4.9) traded - unsure who we get but probably not that significant

-----

Total (40.6)

The key to this scenario is trying Jimmy Paredes out at LF so he can be a fourth left handed bat vs RHP. Otherwise it's Reimold or maybe Urrutia.

L Jaso (DH)

R Machado (3B)

L Davis (1B)

R Jones (CF)

L Reddick (RF)

R Schoop (2B)

S Paredes (LF)

R Joseph ©

R Hardy (SS)

L Clevenger ©

L Flaherty (IF)

R Reimold (OF)

R Alvarez or L Urrutia (OF)

1) Kazmir

2) Tillman - need a rebound here

3) Jimenez

4) Gausman

5) Wilson / Wright

CL) Britton

SU) Givens, Brach

RP) Bundy, McFarland, Roe, Drake

Not a guaranteed playoff team, but competitive. Offense will be improved. Would have liked to add Steve Pearce and a cheap 2nd FA SP, but ran out of room; thankfully there's 2.4 mil of breathing room for Dan Duquette minimum-salary specials.

Incidentally, there's nothing here like the silly deal for Lackey. I'm trying to be at least somewhat realistic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a roster I really like for right at $120M... except it doesn't include Hardy.
That's a big EXCEPT.

Also have to consider that on a roster sans Hardy, we are likely still paying a good chunk of his salary. Not certain he's tradable right now otherwise.

Added 40.6 mil.

Davis (25)

Kazmir (13)

Reddick (7) - unsure who is given up

Jaso (3)

Reimold (.9)

Matusz (-3.4) non tendered

Gonzales (-4.9) traded - unsure who we get but probably not that significant

-----

Total (40.6)

The key to this scenario is trying Jimmy Paredes out at LF so he can be a fourth left handed bat vs RHP. Otherwise it's Reimold or maybe Urrutia.

L Jaso (DH)

R Machado (3B)

L Davis (1B)

R Jones (CF)

L Reddick (RF)

R Schoop (2B)

S Paredes (LF)

R Joseph ©

R Hardy (SS)

L Clevenger ©

L Flaherty (IF)

R Reimold (OF)

R Alvarez or L Urrutia (OF)

1) Kazmir

2) Tillman - need a rebound here

3) Jimenez

4) Gausman

5) Wilson / Wright

CL) Britton

SU) Givens, Brach

RP) Bundy, McFarland, Roe, Drake

Not a guaranteed playoff team, but competitive. Offense will be improved. Would have liked to add Steve Pearce and a cheap 2nd FA SP, but ran out of room; thankfully there's 2.4 mil of breathing room for Dan Duquette minimum-salary specials.

Incidentally, there's nothing here like the silly deal for Lackey. I'm trying to be at least somewhat realistic.

How many years are you paying Davis 25 million?

Here's one that comes in at about 112M

1B Mancini

LF Gordon

Price

I think I proposed something like this on one of the other offseason threads. I like this a lot. I have Price, Gordon, and Davis in my $132M budget, but Mancini gives us a more plausible replacement for Davis than anyone we have to put at the top of the rotation or corner OF. Give me Price and a lefty bat and I would be extremely happy.

So in the two scenarios we are basically swapping Chen for Kazmir or Price.

In the Price scenario we are swapping Davis for Gordon and hoping by a long shot that Mancini is ready. Plus going with Paredes and Alvarez neither helps the team OBP.

In the other your keeping Davis and adding Jaso, Reddick to the lineup which helps swapping Kazmr for Chen and living with Wilson/Wright in the 5th rotation spot.

Plus neither scenario takes into account the loss of Oday which I think we will really feel.

I think these scenarios are about the record you have the year give or take a few.

So in the two scenarios we are basically swapping Chen for Kazmir or Price.

In the Price scenario we are swapping Davis for Gordon and hoping by a long shot that Mancini is ready. Plus going with Paredes and Alvarez neither helps the team OBP.

In the other your keeping Davis and adding Jaso, Reddick to the lineup which helps swapping Kazmr for Chen and living with Wilson/Wright in the 5th rotation spot.

Plus neither scenario takes into account the loss of Oday which I think we will really feel.

I think these scenarios are about the record you have the year give or take a few.

Price for Chen is a massive upgrade. Decent rebound from Tillman and/or Miguel and our pitching is back to where it was in 2014. We will lose some offense but Gordon and Mancini replace some of what we lose from Davis. Regardless, pitching is the bigger need and Price would go a long way to fixing it.

The roster I selected was $119 mill, would probably be $120 mill+ w/ bench players.

I signed Iannetta C, Pearce 1B, Gordon LF, Colon SP, Kazmir SP, and ODay RP.

I concentrated on rebuilding the starting rotation and keeping the bullpen one of the best in the game. I hoped that Gordon's OBP and defense balanced out losing Davis's power.

I hoped that trading Gonzalez and signing Colon and Kazmir would give the O's a solid and dependable starting rotation, if not spectacular.

C Joseph/Iannetta

1B Pearce

2B Schoop

SS Hardy

3B Machado

LF Gordon

CF Jones

RF Alvarez

DH Paredes

SP Tillman

SP Kazmir

SP Jimenez

SP Colon

SP Gausman

RP Britton

RP Brach

RP Givens

RP Bundy

RP McFarland

RP O'Day

RP Drake

Mine came in at around $120.

I added Reddick, Jaso, Colon and kept Davis and Pearce

Lineup:

Reddick (RF)

Jaso (DH)

Machado (3B)

Davis (1B)

Jones (CF)

Pearce (LF)

Schoop (2B)

Hardy (SS)

Joseph ©

Bench:

Clevenger

Paredes

Flaherty

Alavarez

SP:

Tillman

Ubaldo

Colon

Gaus

Gonzo

(Would love Lackey, but I think he'll get more than the $5 mil the site estimated)

Pen:

Britton

Brach

Givens

Wright

Roe

Drake

MacF

Archived