Crowd-source the Offseason

weams

Ok, here is mine with the hard $120M cap. I have Pearce making $3.25M so I am cheating a bit, otherwise this comes out to $120.75. We bring in Murphy, Gordon, and Price, while letting all the O's free agents walk, and trade/nontender Matusz and, unfortunately, Miguel.

Joseph C

Murphy 1B

Schoop 2B

Machado 3b

Hardy SS

Jones CF

Gordon LF

Alvarez RF

Pearce DH

Clevenger C/DH

Flaherty 2b/3B/SS

Lake OF

Paredes OF/DH

Price

Gausman

Tillman

Jimenez

Wilson

Britton (CL)

Givens

Brach

McFarland

Bundy

Drake

Roe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, here is mine with the hard $120M cap. I have Pearce making $3.25M so I am cheating a bit, otherwise this comes out to $120.75. We bring in Murphy, Gordon, and Price, while letting all the O's free agents walk, and trade/nontender Matusz and, unfortunately, Miguel.

Joseph C

Murphy 1B

Schoop 2B

Machado 3b

Hardy SS

Jones CF

Gordon LF

Alvarez RF

Pearce DH

Clevenger C/DH

Flaherty 2b/3B/SS

Lake OF

Paredes OF/DH

Price

Gausman

Tillman

Jimenez

Wilson

Britton (CL)

Givens

Brach

McFarland

Bundy

Drake

Roe

I think you lose Murphy over that .75

Came in at just over $118 million.

C Joseph

1B Murphy

2B Schoop

SS Hardy

3B Machado

LF Parra

CF Jones

RF Reddick

DH Urrutia

Bench Reimold, Clevenger, Flaherty, Alvarez

SP Kazmir, Estrada, Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman

RP Britton, Brach, Givens, Bundy, Matusz, McFarland, Drake

Non-tender Gonzo and pay $5 million more for Estrada. If we are trying to fix the rotation, let's go for it! Getting just one mid-thirties guy past his prime is not enough, IMO. Urrutia, Alvarez, and Drake are interchangeable with numerous other guys. Flaherty is, as well, and carries a hefty salary for a utility guy, but he can fill in decently anywhere but catcher and bats left-handed.

So in the two scenarios we are basically swapping Chen for Kazmir or Price.

In the Price scenario we are swapping Davis for Gordon and hoping by a long shot that Mancini is ready. Plus going with Paredes and Alvarez neither helps the team OBP.

In the other your keeping Davis and adding Jaso, Reddick to the lineup which helps swapping Kazmr for Chen and living with Wilson/Wright in the 5th rotation spot.

Plus neither scenario takes into account the loss of Oday which I think we will really feel.

I think these scenarios are about the record you have the year give or take a few.

Unless Jones plays better, Machado continues to improve heading into his peak years, Hardy rebounds a bit, Tillman can find a way to perform better.......so many opportunities to improve.

For everyone signing multiple multi year FA deals and getting right up to the payroll ceiling, how do you make necessary moves during the year? What do you do in 2017 when a lot of the younger players get arbitration raises? Mid market teams don't budget 1 year at a time.

For everyone signing multiple multi year FA deals and getting right up to the payroll ceiling, how do you make necessary moves during the year? What do you do in 2017 when a lot of the younger players get arbitration raises? Mid market teams don't budget 1 year at a time.

You SPEND all the MASN cash money!!! The phat stacks. Doncha know?

You SPEND all the MASN cash money!!! The phat stacks. Doncha know?

I think legitimately if you think we can sign multiple FAs to long term contracts with big AAV you have to expect that there is some large windfall that allows for a significant increase in payroll.

You trade Britton after this year. He should get about 6M this year. Then you trade or non tender one of Tillman/Gonzalez next year and let Hess/Wright/Wilson have a shot at the 5th spot. Those two moves free up about 10M, with minimum salary players being added. Have to hope some bullpen pieces like Jason Garcia are ready to step it up, along with Givens in the absence of Britton.

This is a fine response. I suppose you could spend every penny you can and worry about making the cuts as the core accrues service time. I just don't think it's the approach I would taker. Of course, my approach would have already begun with bang at the 2015 trade deadline. I have no misgivings a rebuild is in the cards. I just don't see another way that will work aside from a plan to increase payroll substantially in the coming years.

LF Span 8

3B Manny

RF Upton 16.5

CF Jones

1B Morneau 5

2B Schoop

DH Jaso 3

C Joseph

SS Hardy

Lacky 5

Tillman

Ubaldo

Gausman

Gonzo

Clevenger

Flaherty

Pearce 4.5

Lough

Britton

Brach

Givens

McFarland

Matusz

Roe

Bundy

120 M

I believe Schoop and Gausman would be the only players on that roster with options.

Archived