Tim Dierkes of MLBTR predicts Davis contract of 6/144

mdbdotcom

I don't think Manny have surgery to repair a genetic issue with his knee, while earning the MLB minimum is analogous to Hardy deciding not to have surgery to repair an injured shoulder while he is one third of the way through a 40M contract.

Correct. Manny and JJ have very little in common. One is 23 years old and underwent successful surgery to correct the issue. He is not facing age related injury and diminishment of physical skills. JJ Hardy is 33 years old and is not only dealing with a very specific injury that he is known to have suffered, he is also facing age related physical decline and age related skills decline.

To be clear. I'm not saying that Hardy needs to be moved to a different role or released - now. But, I am saying that the O's need to begin considering a future without JJ or with him in more of a utility role.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the idiot Zeile who threw the ball into the ground back in 96 and let the Yankees beat us to head into the WS? :):):)

Cal was not the best person at 3rd in even big leages.

Manny is the best in the game at 3rd. Sorry, if I dont want to monkey with that.

Did they move Brooks out of 3rd?

They didnt move Cal out of SS, until late in his career.

Manny might not even be the best at third in the division.

Who do you consider better?

That Donaldson guy that is going to win the MVP.

Unless you are talking solely about defense then I think the pack was a lot closer to Manny this year then when he won the Platinum Glove. Too many careless errors.

He certainly can be the best, if he keeps his focus.

That Donaldson guy that is going to win the MVP.

Unless you are talking solely about defense then I think the pack was a lot closer to Manny this year then when he won the Platinum Glove. Too many careless errors.

He certainly can be the best, if he keeps his focus.

Well, earlier in this thread, I clearly said, Manny was the best defensive third in the game in either league, and for that reason alone.

I am very reluctant to talk about moving, which I am sure will happen at some point.

Well, earlier in this thread, I clearly said, Manny was the best defensive third in the game in either league, and for that reason alone.

I am very reluctant to talk about moving, which I am sure will happen at some point.

I am not sure the stats clearly show that Manny was the best defensive third baseman in the game in 2015.

Like I said, too many careless errors.

Span, Jaso, and Morneau?

I definitely like Span. I prefer Jaso to Clevenger even at the extra cost. I'd rather have Zobrist than Morneau.

This assumes Pearce is resigned (I approve) and my man crush on Jason Heyward is doomed from the outset.

As a general statement, I think replacing Chris Davis' power should be one of the Orioles' smaller concerns over the next few months. As a quite specific fear, I worry that a concerted effort will be made by Buck and perhaps DD to bring back both Wieters and Davis on long-term contracts. I think that would be very misguided indeed. If it were me, I would focus on starting pitching and augmenting the minor league system over competing at a high level in 2016.

I definitely like Span. I prefer Jaso to Clevenger even at the extra cost. I'd rather have Zobrist than Morneau.

This assumes Pearce is resigned (I approve) and my man crush on Jason Heyward is doomed from the outset.

As a general statement, I think replacing Chris Davis' power should be one of the Orioles' smaller concerns over the next few months. As a quite specific fear, I worry that a concerted effort will be made by Buck and perhaps DD to bring back both Wieters and Davis on long-term contracts. I think that would be very misguided indeed. If it were me, I would focus on starting pitching and augmenting the minor league system over competing at a high level in 2016.

I'd prefer Zobrist myself but Morneau is cheaper and has good splits v LHP as well as RHP. Need to save Money for SP. Keep both Jaso and Clevenger.

I am not sure the stats clearly show that Manny was the best defensive third baseman in the game in 2015.

Like I said, too many careless errors.

I agree but unless you are watching a torturous amount of baseball its hard to accurately compare Manny to the league in carelessness. He certainly did seem to take a step back mentally.

Correct. Manny and JJ have very little in common. One is 23 years old and underwent successful surgery to correct the issue. He is not facing age related injury and diminishment of physical skills. JJ Hardy is 33 years old and is not only dealing with a very specific injury that he is known to have suffered (with no significant body mod to correct it), he is also facing age related physical decline and age related skills decline.

To be clear. I'm not saying that Hardy needs to be moved to a different role or released - now. But, I am saying that the O's need to begin considering a future without JJ or with him in more of a utility role.

I hope that JJ "rehabs" that well.

People are going to be surprised when the Cubs have little to nothing to do with Price this offseason. They have no interest in having nearly 400M in contract out between Lester/Price. Zimmermann and Samardzija are about the highest end SP the Cubs are eyeing. They're looking to get one mid rotation arm via FA and one via trade, i.e Tyson Ross. Target #1 is Jason Heyward.

Source? Sources have indicated to a Chicago radio show that it's basically a foregone conclusion that Price will be on the North side. The Cubs need a 3rd starter for the postseason and have plenty of prospects to fill in the lineup.

You can't build a winning team in OPACY that only hits 150 HRs. I don't care how much you spend on pitching.

Source? Sources have indicated to a Chicago radio show that it's basically a foregone conclusion that Price will be on the North side. The Cubs need a 3rd starter for the postseason and have plenty of prospects to fill in the lineup.

Which sources? I though he was a FA.

Archived