All the News that Scott Boras wants heard.

weams

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the other teams to overpay as much as possible.

So more posters call DD cheap?

I may be misunderstading this (what else is new?), but I was thinking the opposite.

If Chen were to sign with another team for $17 Million per year, then the "Angelos is cheap" pitchforks would REALLY come out ......... "Cheap bastard, he easily could have matched that, and kept a solid pitcher in an already hurting rotation."

On the other hand, if Chen were to sign with a team for $23 Million per year, it would be harder to call Angelos cheap in said scenario ....... not matching or bettering $23 Million per year for a pitcher like Chen could only be construed as as wise, as opposed to cheap.

I may be misunderstading this (what else is new?), but I was thinking the opposite.

If Chen were to sign with another team for $17 Million per year, then the "Angelos is cheap" pitchforks would REALLY come out ......... "Cheap bastard, he easily could have matched that, and kept a solid pitcher in our already hurting rotation."

On the other hand, if Chen were to sign with a team for $23 Million per year, it would be harder to call Angelos cheap ....... matching or bettering $23 Million per year for a pitcher like Chen could only be construed as as wise, as opposed to cheap.

I just want the other teams to allocate a lot of resources toward free agent players since generally the return is lower.

And I want the pick.

I just want the other teams to allocate a lot of resources toward free agent players since generally the return is lower.

And I want the pick.

I agree with this, but I think a guy like Chen could actually out perform his contract in the right situation. Maybe even be considered a bargain in a year or two.

And that situation is the NL. Really any NL team except Colorado or Cinncy. But you put him on the Dodgers, with that ballpark, and he's going to be as steady as a SP can be.

He might only be worth 14-15 million to the O's in the AL East, but he might be worth "Porcello" money to an NL team.

I agree with this, but I think a guy like Chen could actually out perform his contract in the right situation. Maybe even be considered a bargain in a year or two.

And that situation is the NL. Really any NL team except Colorado or Cinncy. But you put him on the Dodgers, with that ballpark, and he's going to be as steady as a SP can be.

He might only be worth 14-15 million to the O's in the AL East, but he might be worth "Porcello" money to an NL team.

I think Chen is headed toward a crash.

Archived