Pedro Alvarez may be a fit

wildcard

18 per isn't getting it done for Heyward. 22 might.

There are certainly a lot of scary numbers being thrown around the internet in connection with Jason Heyward right now. I think that the closer you get to $20 mill AAV, the more people will start to ask "where's the power?" Love for him to be an Oriole though.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are certainly a lot of scary numbers being thrown around the internet in connection with Jason Heyward right now. I think that the closer you get to $20 mill AAV, the more people will start to ask "where's the power?" Love for him to be an Oriole though.

Heard between 5/60 & 5/65 on 105.7 for Chen. If it was your decision would you resign him? I know I would!

Per 162 games versus RHP, 34 HRs, .320 OBP. .330 OBP versus RHP last year. Great platoon DH only with the RHB platoon half being able to play the field.
Sure platoon him with Pearce and you have a good DH for 13M. Is that the best way to allocate resources?

Gotta go with Jimmy Parades on that one. Get that guy a glove. If Coolbaugh is any type of hitting coach he will get him to take "some" pitches.

Coolbaugh can't teach hand-eye coordination. Showing "growth" in plate discipline is often or usually the pitchers being less willing to throw strikes to a dangerous hitter. Vlad walked a lot more as he got older, but he was still swinging at everything he could reach.

Sure platoon him with Pearce and you have a good DH for 13M. Is that the best way to allocate resources?

I don't think that is where the O's will go at all. Dan will wait to see who is non tendered. Players that are not offered arbitration will see their salaries drop. Then the O's can compare who are FAs with who was been non tendered. Jaso, Pedro Alvarez, Chris Carter and others may be on the market and the more there are the less they will cost. That is the way I expect Dan to go about bolstering the DH spot.

I don't think that is where the O's will go at all. Dan will wait to see who is non tendered. Players that are not offered arbitration will see their salaries drop. Then the O's can compare who are FAs with who was been non tendered. Jaso, Pedro Alvarez, Chris Carter and others may be on the market and the more there are the less they will cost. That is the way I expect Dan to go about bolstering the DH spot.
Yep for DH I think this is right. Not for SP or COF though. I don't think he will wait it out there. I think he will target some people and pursue them.

I don't know about 5 years but I'd do 12 or 13 per in a second.

He's a Boras client. There is no options going on. Just cash on the barrel-head. AAV. And this will be his last contractst contract, so it will be long. There will be no "achievement" bonuses.

You good? Or what else would you need? One more Starter? Rich Hill?

This is roughly what I expect the O's will wind up with.

I don't believe in blowing everything up, but I would rather extend Manny, trade Jones and Britton for some high-ceiling prospects and rebuild than limp into 2016 praying that we overachieve our way back into the playoffs.

Archived