Connolly rates Chen returning to the Orioles at 1 out of 10

Going Underground

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I categorize Chen like Wieters and this is more gut feeling than anything. These guys always seemed to be looking beyond the Orioles as their end goal. Treating the O's more like a stepping stone to what they really are after. Free Agency I guess. Maybe it's their agent but I don't get the same vibe from Davis. Sure he wants the big payday but I feel like he wants to be an Oriole. Time will tell.

The players make 700 a month. I would not test for 700 a month.

Just saying it is a heck of a story, from MLB star, to not being able to get Indy League guys out, back to solid MLB Contributor.

Sounds more like a movie then real life.

There is even that one out performance in the Winter League.

Don't tell me that wouldn't make a good scene in a movie.

Just saying it is a heck of a story, from MLB star, to not being able to get Indy League guys out, back to solid MLB Contributor.

Sounds more like a movie then real life.

There is even that one out performance in the Winter League.

Don't tell me that wouldn't make a good scene in a movie.

His fastball velocity dropped until topping out in the mid-80s in 2011.

The more I think about it, the more I think the smart move is to QO Chen and go sign Kazmir.

Yes.

At the risk of upsetting a few more posters, old fashioned loyalty is no longer seen as an obligation. My how times have changed.

I was also of the opinion that Showalter lost confidence in Chen sometime this year. He seems to have gotten more than his share of early hooks with an low pitch count. In any event, I do agree Chen is gone and I won't miss him.

Yes.

At the risk of upsetting a few more posters, old fashioned loyalty is no longer seen as an obligation. My how times have changed.

I was also of the opinion that Showalter lost confidence in Chen sometime this year. He seems to have gotten more than his share of early hooks with an low pitch count. In any event, I do agree Chen is gone and I won't miss him.

I'll miss him.

He gave good service.

I appreciated that when he had a bad game he would own it.

I also liked how his use of a translator annoyed a certain section of the fanbase.

A little bit better then average is pretty darn good and not easy to replace.

I'll miss him.

He gave good service.

I appreciated that when he had a bad game he would own it.

I also liked how his use of a translator annoyed a certain section of the fanbase.

A little bit better then average is pretty darn good and not easy to replace.

He was excellent as an inexpensive surplus value.

Archived