Sun: Connolly's scale of return: 4 for Davis

weams

And then would come the posts pointing out that he's been worth about 1.0 fWAR in his last 300 innings, so maybe he's the kind of guy you bring in on a 1/5 deal. You don't sign bounce-back guys to 3/33 contracts, they sign 2014 Nelson Cruz or 2015 Colby Rasmus contracts to build value. Even giving Gonzalez full credit for his defense (i.e. RA9 or rWAR) he's been worth just over 4 wins in the past two years, and 0.9 in 2015.

Which is pretty close to what the Orioles have him for in 2016 based on first year arbitration estimates?

Miguel is the best deal we are going to find for back end starter no matter how you slice it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is pretty close to what the Orioles have him for in 2016 based on first year arbitration estimates?

Miguel is the best deal we are going to find for back end starter no matter how you slice it.

No argument here. I think he's a reasonable guy to bring back at his estimated arb number, just so long as his medicals aren't bad.

Uh

2nd arb year, not 1st, but your assessment is still correct.

Since this is supposed to be a CD thread, FWIW, I just heard Duq XM say he thinks the O's are serious about signing him and are prepared to go 7/140 M. Say he doesn't think any other club will go that high........:scratchchinhmm:

Is this Jim Duquette or Dan? I'd imagine its Jim as Dan would not get that specific, and if it is Jim, and if he is right, this would be the FIRST time he has EVER been right about anything involving his cousin.

In other words...take anything Jim Duquette says with a heaping mound of salt.

Even when Jim Duquette was in the O's FO, I'm not sure he knew what was going on. One year he made the bold statement that the O's would upgrade at first base during the off-season, saying they could find someone better than Kevin Millar. But on opening day, guess who was at first base for the O's.

Even when Jim Duquette was in the O's FO, I'm not sure he knew what was going on. One year he made the bold statement that the O's would upgrade at first base during the off-season, saying they could find someone better than Kevin Millar. But on opening day, guess who was at first base for the O's.
When Jim was here it was always a co GM situation, and PA had them both in straightjackets.

Is this Jim Duquette or Dan? I'd imagine its Jim as Dan would not get that specific, and if it is Jim, and if he is right, this would be the FIRST time he has EVER been right about anything involving his cousin.

In other words...take anything Jim Duquette says with a heaping mound of salt.

Last winter he said the O's made a 4/40 M offer to Markakis and were about to sign him when they found out he would need surgery. At the orders of the Angeloses the offer was withdrawn That pretty much appears to be what did indeed happen, so that's one time. I think Duq XM is a media source his cousin uses from time to time and some of what comes out is disinformation and some is accurate.

I think all players should immediately be declared Free and Unrestricted Free Agents. With a 200 million dollar salary cap. A hard cap. With no guaranteed contracts.

LOL, than Angelos would proceed to spend 120 million and you would call him fiscally wise.

Archived