Rumor: Orioles to Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Wieters not to return?)

rd421

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw his wife Ashley.She is fourteen years older and was a gym teacher when he was a student in the school.She was the only one who could pronounce and spell his name right so he fell in

love.

Actually, her nickname is Pepper, and she's HOT!

If what the O's are aiming for is insurance, then go for it. If they are just going for a lightning in a bottle.. well, we all know how that turns out.

If what the O's are aiming for is insurance, then go for it. If they are just going for a lightning in a bottle.. well, we all know how that turns out.

She is quite a bit older than he is, she was a High School Gym Teacher, when Salty was in High School there.

Jarrod-Saltalamacchia-Wife-Ashley-Saltalamacchia-pics.jpg

I don't have an issue with going for lightning in a bottle. The issue is, this organization has gotten the approach to that wrong for years. Lightning in a bottle moves shouldn't be ones that the team relies on to have success. There should be another plan at that position and if the player you are looking to be that lightning delivers, then that player pushes his way into the lineup/rotation.

I don't have an issue with going for lightning in a bottle. The issue is, this organization has gotten the approach to that wrong for years. Lightning in a bottle moves shouldn't be ones that the team relies on to have success. There should be another plan at that position and if the player you are looking to be that lightning delivers, then that player pushes his way into the lineup/rotation.

We are talking about a player that in all likelihood will be a backup catcher. Getting any upside out of a player like that is rare. Caleb Joseph has looked like a league average catcher or better since he has been here, and even though I seem to have less faith in him than other posters due to his lengthy mediocre stay at Bowie, he has earned the right to be the starting catcher next season. Signing someone like Saltalamacchia is an ideal move because if Joseph does regress, at least there is an MLB catcher to turn to.

I want the Orioles to spend money too, but for the same reason that I don't think they should bring Wieters back (Joseph's apparent ascendance from mediocre minor league catcher to perhaps above average MLB catcher), I don't think spending a lot on ANY catcher is wise.

What do you think a better plan at the catcher would be?

If they get the offense from Salty that Boston got in 2013 or Arizona got in 2015, then perhaps they're looking at a part-time DH-C-1B that would only cost them the ML minimum. And with three catchers on the roster, Clevenger could PH or DH without as much risk.

Not a blockbuster move, but if it happened, I'm not seeing a lot of downside. They wouldn't have to eat any money if it didn't work out.

Being an "insider" sets you up for either a huge win or an even bigger fail. I wouldn't want to play that game. As far as I'm concerned, one poster played many on the board for fools with a work of fiction during the Teixeira nonsense. Take everything with a huge grain of salt.

We're all still waiting for the WOW! offer. :laughlol:

Archived