Rumors, Speculations, and Guesses - No Insider Posts Or Outright Lies

weams

It's fine when you have completely digested the idea that you have no clue if the person posting sits three cubes down from Dan Duquette's office, or on a beanbag chair in a dorm in South Dakota smokin' doobies.

Absolutely.

I tend to think that most people who post rumors aren't just completely making them up to impress on a message board. If they are, I pity them more than anything else.

Like I said there's probably a morsel of truth to most info that's posted, you just have to recognize that that truth has probably been filtered many times and even if it hasn't things change very quickly in this industry.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tend to think that most people who post rumors aren't just completely making them up to impress on a message board. If they are, I pity them more than anything else.

I think it might be less trying to impress, and more that chaos is fun. There are more than a few people who like to shout fire in a crowded room just to see what happens.

On 105.7 today they basically said more than a rew times that Wieters will receive the QO. So I think we can out all the talk to the contrary to rest.

No offense, but what makes that source any more reliable than some of the others we have heard from? Including some of our posters and staff?

No offense, but what makes that source any more reliable than some of the others we have heard from? Including some of our posters and staff?

I dont know ....But there have been a bunch of guys here essentially saying that he wont be offered the QO. I dont imagine Garceau would be saying it if it werent true.

Nov. 2: First day of an exclusive five-day negotiation window which all teams have with their free-agent-eligible players.

Nov. 6: Final day for teams to extend qualifying offers to free agents. Qualifying offers must be submitted by 5pm ET.

Nov. 7: Players become eligible to sign with any team.

Nov. 13: Deadline for players to accept or reject qualifying offers. Players must formally make their decision by 5pm ET.

Nov. 9-12: GM Meetings are held in Florida. While not as active as December?s Winter Meetings, the groundwork for many trades and free-agent signings will take place here, and a few moves figure to be completed.

Dec. 2: Deadline for teams to decide whether or not to tender contracts to their arbitration-eligible players. The free agent market should expand to some degree on this day, albeit with relatively minor names.

Dec. 7-10: Winter Meetings in Nashville. These four days are among the most chaotic of the year for those who follow trades and free agency ? often even more so than the days leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. MLBTR will be providing 24-hour, around-the-clock coverage while the Winter Meetings are in effect. It should be noted that the Rule 5 Draft will be held on the final day of the Winter Meetings.

Mlbtr

Dec 12: All the Orioles' new acquisitions are introduced to thunderous applause at Fan Fest.

I dont know ....But there have been a bunch of guys here essentially saying that he wont be offered the QO. I dont imagine Garceau would be saying it if it werent true.

I think 'a bunch of guys here' (myself included) posited as to why would the O's do a QO for Wieters? He's making $8.3 mill now....give him $15.2 for one year?....so he can get better & grab a big contract with some other team in '17?

Best bet is to offer him a multi-year contract....but QO money for a lifetime .258 hitter (that had a good 26 games in '14) is a bit & then some....in other words ....he's gone

No facts or rumors heard....just 'speculation' & 'guesses'

Absolutely.

Like I said there's probably a morsel of truth to most info that's posted, you just have to recognize that that truth has probably been filtered many times and even if it hasn't things change very quickly in this industry.

Everything that an "insider" poster posts can be completely true and that doesn't mean anything is going to happen. That info is only as good as all of the sources upstream. We all know the game Telephone. It's not enough that the person before you relayed the info accurately. It's required that ALL of the persons upstream from you in the info chain relayed the info accurately; and then it's still probablistic.

Everything that an "insider" poster posts can be completely true and that doesn't mean anything is going to happen. That info is only as good as all of the sources upstream. We all know the game Telephone. It's not enough that the person before you relayed the info accurately. It's required that ALL of the persons upstream from you in the info chain relayed the info accurately; and then it's still probablistic.

All of that. And then even if the insider REALLY does have a real scrap of info, things can change in 6 hours at the GM level. Dan could get a call from somebody. Scott Boras could get a call from somebody. It's a constantly fluid business.

Archived