Connolly's scale of return: 6 for Parra

Going Underground

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance of Parra getting a one year deal? Or is it a foregone conclusion that someone will offer him a multi-year deal?

I could live with a 1 year, 7-8 mil deal for Parra. Don't want to be stuck with him for multiple years.

He would be silly to take a one-year deal coming off his best overall season. He might be one of the better FA outfielders who won't require giving up a draft pick. Best to cash in now.

He would be silly to take a one-year deal coming off his best overall season. He might be one of the better FA outfielders who won't require giving up a draft pick. Best to cash in now.

But it's not his best season. It was a year where he hit .330 for three months, then he was a win below replacement for the rest of the year. He's had an almost three-win season and a four+ win season in the past. 2015 was worth 0.4 fWAR, on the heels of a 0.1 fWAR 2014. That's half a win in his last 1100 PAs. I suppose his best bet is to get someone to notice that he had his best offensive season in 2015, but ignore the totally out-of-character BABIP, the total collapse of his defense metrics, and the miserable performance with the Orioles. If this was 10 or 20 years ago I'm sure he'd get a multi-year deal, not so sure now that every team has someone who pays attention to defense and luck spikes.

Any chance of Parra getting a one year deal? Or is it a foregone conclusion that someone will offer him a multi-year deal?

I could live with a 1 year, 7-8 mil deal for Parra. Don't want to be stuck with him for multiple years.

I'm all good with 1/6 or so for Parra. More than that in years or dollars and it's a bad bet. 0.5 fWAR in his last 1100 PAs. Just keep repeating that until it sinks in.

Archived