Top 50 MLB FA Predictions (MLB Trade Rumors)

orioles4lyfe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok if the mlb trade rumors is hypothetically correct, would you rather shell out $200 million for Heyward, or the $144 for Davis? 10 yrs for Heyward vs 6 yrs for Davis is a factor but so is the overall amount.

I would definitely go for Heyward. If you put an opt out about half way through I'd bet he takes it.

I would definitely go for Heyward. If you put an opt out about half way through I'd bet he takes it.

The team doesn't suggest the opt out, the player does. The opt out favors the player more then the team.

I think Heyward would be smart to have one included so he can hit the market again at ~30 if he wants to.

If he gets the TUE, there is no other sure thing.

I would start Davis at $22m per for 5 years with an option for a 6th.

Why wouldn't he get a TUE? But Boras is asking 7/182M your offer won't cut it. Heyward is better less AAV, younger, gives the O's things they need, OBP, speed, great OF defense.

Why wouldn't he get a TUE? But Boras is asking 7/182M your offer won't cut it. Heyward is better less AAV, younger, gives the O's things they need, OBP, speed, great OF defense.

I don't understand why folks are bringing up the TUE at all. I see no reason at all why MLB would issue him a TUE, revoke it, re-issue it then revoke it again.

Ok if the mlb trade rumors is hypothetically correct, would you rather shell out $200 million for Heyward, or the $144 for Davis? 10 yrs for Heyward vs 6 yrs for Davis is a factor but so is the overall amount.
Heyward.
Yep and not even close.

I think it's relatively close at those years and dollars, but I'd definitely go with Heyward. Signing him and extending Manny would give us two cornerstone pieces for many years to come.

Archived