Bastardo and Sipp prediction could make Matusz a bargain

wildcard

MLBTR's predictions for lefty relievers:

Bastardo 3/15

Tony Sipp 3/12

They seem to make the projection for the O's to keep Matusz at an arbitration rate of 1/3.4 a move worth making for the O's.

What do you think?

I guess we need to keep him then. Especially if we decide to make him a starter again this spring.

Probably not.

I doubt he gets better vs lefties than his 1.91 ERA, .186 average against or his .081 WHIP he put up in 2015.

...and yet some people still think he's a bum and want him gone.

And it makes a similar LOOGY, making the league minimum, an even better bargain.

Teams that have to trade draft picks to stay under budget shouldn't give a LOOGY 3M.

Yeah, that's about where we are.

And it makes a similar LOOGY, making the league minimum, an even better bargain.

Teams that have to trade draft picks to stay under budget shouldn't give a LOOGY 3M.

I agree. A low cost lefty reliever who has proven he can get out left handed batter is a need. Even better if he can get out right handed batters as well.

It Dan's job to find that player and acquire him. I have no idea who that player would be. Do you? Does anyone on the OH?

I agree. A low cost lefty reliever who has proven he can get out left handed batter is a need. Even better if he can get out right handed batters as well.

It Dan's job to find that player and acquire him. I have no idea who that player would be. Do you? Does anyone on the OH?

McFarland or Cabral are low cost options. A guy who can only get LH out is usually not difficult to find. The LH in the bullpen is not something I'm worried about now. We have about 10 bigger problems, and I don't see us doing much to address them.

Archived