"Who's Chen?" Signs Chen.

weams

At 286lbs, the question is if he's an upgrade at DH over Paredes. Even Softbank only had him playing first about a third of the time last year, and Buck is pretty picky when it comes to who he is going to let put a glove on.

If there's much competition for him, I don't know if I see this happening. I think you'll see them target more established, versatile guys like Steve Pearce or John Jaso before they go after an aging one-dimensional hitter. Wouldn't object to seeing them bring him in one a one or two-year deal with incentives or something, but I don't see how somebody like this should be one of their first choices. Probably a sign of a failed offseason if this is who we end up with.

Although I'd be more excited about them bringing back Sarfate, but that's a different discussion entirely.

Folks say that but if you look at who has Buck has had put a glove on in the last couple of seasons:

Reimold in Center Field

Young in the Outfield

Cruz in the Outfield

Parades anywhere

Davis at Third and Right Field

Buck is obviously willing to sacrifice D at times.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Folks say that but if you look at who has Buck has had put a glove on in the last couple of seasons:

Reimold in Center Field

Young in the Outfield

Cruz in the Outfield

Parades anywhere

Agreed. Pearce at second was pretty crazy (and he didn't look terrible either).

Reimold in Center Field

Young in the Outfield

Cruz in the Outfield

Parades anywhere

For a couple games. Due to injury not choice.

Pearce at second was. Davis at third was. Parades anywhere was. You are right about Cruz and Young.

Due to injury means there is no one else on the roster that can play there. Putting Davis at third and Reynolds at first isn't about an injury. Putting Davis at right and someone else at first isn't about injury. Putting Parades in the field and anyone else at DH isn't about injury. Putting Pearce at second and leaving Flaherty on the bench isn't about injury.

Due to injury means there is no one else on the roster that can play there. Putting Davis at third and Reynolds at first isn't about an injury. Putting Davis at right and someone else at first isn't about injury. Putting Parades in the field and anyone else at DH isn't about injury. Putting Pearce at second and leaving Flaherty on the bench isn't about injury.

Putting Pearce anywhere is magic. Everybody knows that.

Archived