"Who's Chen?" Signs Chen.

weams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Byung-ho Park played in front of major league scouts last week against Cuba. He did not look good: <a href="https://t.co/IpBwMDmrMd">https://t.co/IpBwMDmrMd</a></p>— Ben Badler (@BenBadler) <a href="

">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dumb question, but weren't we/aren't we banned from scouting in Korea over the high school thing?

There was this.

nooriolesallowed.jpg

I was in Korea in March of 2012 for a sports tournament (not baseball); IIRC it was soon after or at least the Seong-Min Kim situation was still very fresh in the minds of Koreans. For even those who didn't follow baseball, the Orioles were supposedly a curse word. I was told it wasn't wise to wear O's gear in the big cities unless you wanted obscenities you didn't understand thrown at you. Not to be disrespectful, I didn't bother wearing any O's gear until I was in my room at the resort.

Even if the Orioles were banned from Korea, his last three years have been in Japan. My biggest problems are that he's going to turn 34 in June and he has one of the highest listed weights of any baseball player I've ever seen. Maybe Asian players don't regularly lie about their weights like US players.

On a somewhat related note, last year in Fukuoka he was teammates with Rick Van Den Hurk and Dennis Sarfate, both of whom were essentially unhittable.

C1H260.jpg

So, I'm supposed to be excited about a 34 yr old Korean who weights 280 and has never played in the majors? Wooohooo!

Let's be a seriously competitive franchise and resign Davis.

Or we could be a seriously competitive franchise and evaluate all the available talent and make smart decisions about the best way to win on a realistic budget. Maybe that means signing Davis, maybe Lee, maybe both, maybe neither.

Or we could be a seriously competitive franchise and evaluate all the available talent and make smart decisions about the best way to win on a realistic budget. Maybe that means signing Davis, maybe Lee, maybe both, maybe neither.

Have you not heard? Scott Boras says that Chris Davis has develop the power to flex his biceps in the clubhouse and instantly increase the power output of those who bask in the light that shines from them by 25%. True story. Now information like that seems like a far better way to run a franchise than all that other boring stuff you mentioned :)

Archived