MLBTR's Top 50 Free Agents Sorted by Position and QO

mdbdotcom

Completely unsourced, unverified wild speculation that kinda seems like a Duquette move that half the board will mock but might actually pan out not badly: Austin Jackson.

I like him too. You'd think you could get him on a one year deal and turn him into a draft pick like Rasmus. However, I'm sure he'd prefer to play for a team where he can play CF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y

Have you checked out the MLBTRADERUMORS FA prediction thread? It's a good source for projected salaries.

I didn't look up Latos, but for your other targets you're way short to their predictions. For example, you have Zobrist at $7M AAV. They have him at $17.

Of the ones I looked at you're $19M short for 2016.

17 million for Zobrist .....LOL

Zobrist made 7.5 million in his age 34 season. A GM would be a fool to pay him anywhere near that.

Y

Zobrist made 7.5 million in his age 34 season. A GM would be a fool to pay him anywhere near that.

His worst season in recent memory was worth 2.5 wins, or something like $20M. Prior to that he was a borderline MVP candidate multiple times. Yes, he's old. Yes, he'll decline. But the Mariners signed Nelson Cruz, who can't play defense, was 34, and had a sub-2.0 win season in three of the four prior years for $65M. Zobrist may well get $15-20M a year.

His worst season in recent memory was worth 2.5 wins, or something like $20M. Prior to that he was a borderline MVP candidate multiple times. Yes, he's old. Yes, he'll decline. But the Mariners signed Nelson Cruz, who can't play defense, was 34, and had a sub-2.0 win season in three of the four prior years for $65M. Zobrist may well get $15-20M a year.

The Mariners purchased the 35 homers / 100 RBIs. Zobrist will give you about half of that not counting decline.

You're also getting a guy who can play multiple positions at least competently. And whose off year was .276/.359/.450, which was more productive offensively than, for example, Adam Jones.

Don't care about the multiple position thing. It I'm signing him it's to play RF/LF.

Y

The Yankees gave Beltran $45m at 36. They have a need. You think they let him go to Baltimore at $7M?

You're also getting a guy who can play multiple positions at least competently. And whose off year was .276/.359/.450, which was more productive offensively than, for example, Adam Jones.

I don't care about the multiple positions thing..I'm signing him to play RF/LF. In the last 2 years Jonesy has hit 30 bombs and 85-90 RBIs .....Zobrist has been 15 Hrs and 50 RBIs .....these are the actual numbers.

Baseball needs a hard cap....the money situation is getting ridiculous

Why would diverting large sums of money from players to ownership groups be better than the status quo? If we're reimagining the baseball world as a fairer place wouldn't the best solution be to have more comprehensive revenue sharing?

I don't care about the multiple positions thing..I'm signing him to play RF/LF. In the last 2 years Jonesy has hit 30 bombs and 85-90 RBIs .....Zobrist has been 15 Hrs and 50 RBIs .....these are the actual numbers.

Buck will care a lot about the multiple positions thing should Zobrist somehow find his way on to the Orioles. I agree that 3/51 is way too high, but 3/30 - 3/33 is in the price range for a lot of teams who have a need for the multiple positions thing.

Buck will care a lot about the multiple positions thing should Zobrist somehow find his way on to the Orioles. I agree that 3/51 is way too high, but 3/30 - 3/33 is in the price range for a lot of teams who have a need for the multiple positions thing.

And yet? He'll get 4/48

Archived