Why didn't O'Day get a QO

Catch 8

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heavy interest in ODay by Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Tigers

Red Sox rumored to be "All In" for ODay. Maybe he should've been QO'D

I love it, I hope the winner pays a hefty sum for his services.

You still don't give him a QO when Kimbrel makes 11M.

If I can say this without heavy ridicule here!

The foot dragging really kills a team like the Orioles. I think the current management team struggles with figuring who they want to keep and how to get it done.

I know the Boras guys are the exception due to his hard line approach toward free agency.

But I truly believe that ODay could've been extended for 3-4 years a season ago at around 4-5 million per.

The same goes for Cruz ...he could've probably been extended for what we offered around the allstar break.

Just my opinion

The foot dragging really kills a team like the Orioles. I think the current management team struggles with figuring who they want to keep and how to get it done.

I know the Boras guys are the exception due to his hard line approach toward free agency.

But I truly believe that ODay could've been extended for 3-4 years a season ago at around 4-5 million per.

The same goes for Cruz ...he could've probably been extended for what we offered around the allstar break.

Just my opinion

I disagree. Could he have been signed for less then he will make this offseason? Sure. But I don't see him accepting 3/12-4/20.

Just my opinion

Steve Pearce could have been extended for $10M a year a season ago and Jim Johnson could have been extended for 3-4 years a few years ago to go along with J.J. Hardy's 3/$40M deal after 2014. We could have had all these guys locked up!

I still blame the O's for not signing Jose Bautista to a team-friendly 11 year deal when he was with us as a Rule 5 pick! Sure he would have been worth -2 WAR for the first four years after his Rule 5 season, but the team was lousy then anyway!

Just my opinion

I think this current management team has a plan and sticks to it, in spite of those posters that want them to heed to and do what they want.

Just my opinion

Let's get serious here. Around the All-Star break he was OPSing about 1.35. He probably would've extended for $100 million. Then he came crashing back to earth and extend it for 60 million. Unfortunately with a different team. The idea of what dragging left at the exact same time that Andy MacPhail did.

Let's get serious here. Around the All-Star break it with OPS thing about 1.35. He probably would've extended for $100 million. Then he came crashing back to earth and extend it for 60 million. Unfortunately with a different team. The idea of what dragging left at the exact same time that Andy MacPhail did.

The insanity of the OH in the off season.

For a team like the Orioles he's overvalued and not worth, to us, any more than he was paid last year. And relievers shouldnt be signed for more than 2 years at a time. Very streaky, and O'Day doesn't have a 5 year tracj record of success. And if he did have a 5 year track record of success he would be too old and over priced.

Most teams don't understand value, production and costs like the Orioles. They are excellent, perhaps the best in baseball, in idnetifying what a player is really worth. They are the best in the arbitration business, which provies they are masters of value.

Good bye and good ridence to O'Day.

Unless he re-signs, then he's an All Star with HOF potential.

Steve Pearce could have been extended for $10M a year a season ago and Jim Johnson could have been extended for 3-4 years a few years ago to go along with J.J. Hardy's 3/$40M deal after 2014. We could have had all these guys locked up!

I still blame the O's for not signing Jose Bautista to a team-friendly 11 year deal when he was with us as a Rule 5 pick! Sure he would have been worth -2 WAR for the first four years after his Rule 5 season, but the team was lousy then anyway!

Not sure if you are being sarcastic. If Duquette says he'd like to keep a player I tend to believe him. If he is willing to pay him 4-6/7 per than he could have extended him for less a season or two ago.

O'Day has been pretty spectacular since he's been here

Archived