How to Save The Wieters Overpay in the Current Roster

weams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Non tendering Matusz and trading Britton are options, but why trade Gonzo when we need pitching. You aren't getting a pitcher as good as he is for 6 M.

Yea it would seem to counter productive to trade a player who generally has outperformed his salary.

We got enough to fill without adding Gonzo's spot at this point.

I would consider trading Britton if necessary but only if the return is good enough.

I was hoping that Britton would be traded anyway but for a quality minor leaguer who was close to being ML ready. Now I can see Britton being traded to patch current holes which would be much less attractive IMO. I think this means Matusz is gone regardless of whether that was the original plan or not.

Welcome back Gonzo, any more at home like you?

I worry that organizational expectations for 2016 don't get adjusted in light of Wieters' surprise move and Gausman and what's left of our MiL system gets shopped to fill short-term needs.

I worry that organizational expectations for 2016 don't get adjusted in light of Wieters' surprise move and Gausman and what's left of our MiL system gets shopped to fill short-term needs.

Yea, the surest way to win on a budget is to trade your assets with a legitimate chance to way outperform their salaries.

Archived