Kimbrel goes to Boston

weams

A left-handed Davies or so.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm impressed the Padres got Boston to include Logan Allen. Promising sleeper with solid-average stuff, advanced command, starter profile.</p>— Ben Badler (@BenBadler) <a href="

">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem. Hey, they can afford that contract for a closer. And he is a good one. Wonder how he will like Fenway though ;)

Yea Kimbrel is a good one. Think he will do pretty well there.

I like our guy for the money just fine though :)

A left-handed Davies or so.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm impressed the Padres got Boston to include Logan Allen. Promising sleeper with solid-average stuff, advanced command, starter profile.</p>— Ben Badler (@BenBadler) <a href="

Logan Allen, an 18-year-old left-hander out of IMG Academy, who was ranked 128th on Baseball America's pre-draft top-500 but was selected in the eighth, 231st overall. The good news is that we don't have to worry about whether the Sox will be able to sign him: according to Allen himself, the two sides already have a verbal agreement in place for between $725,000 and $750,000.

Allen's pick is only worth $175,100 by slot value, so the Red Sox need to move some draft budget around in order to make those figures a reality. Let's assume Allen gets the full $750,000: Boston needs to create $574,900 of room in order to get there. They should be able to without a whole lot of trouble, though. For starters, teams can spend up to five percent over their allotted budget before a harsh penalty -- losing a future draft pick -- comes in. So, the Red Sox, with a budget of $6,223,800, have an "extra" $179,520 on hand -- that brings them to $354,620 of the $750,000 needed for Allen.

Then, they drafted three college seniors in the first 10 rounds. College seniors have little leverage since they are finishing up school

http://www.overthemonster.com/2015/6/10/8756885/2015-mlb-draft-red-sox-logan-allen-bonus-agreement

He was a big part of their draft.

Am I wrong or could they have just dumped a massive offer at O'Day for 4/36 and been just as well off? Instead they've chosen to spend just about as much money and dump very good prospects for Kimbrel. Not sure I understand this decision.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ja" dir="ltr">キンブレルが来たぁ〜(o^^o)

優勝するために必要なこと。どこで投げようが全力投球するだけ!</p>— KOJI UEHARA (@TeamUehara) <a href="

Koji say "He's Fine!" (I think)

Am I wrong or could they have just dumped a massive offer at O'Day for 4/36 and been just as well off? Instead they've chosen to spend just about as much money and dump very good prospects for Kimbrel. Not sure I understand this decision.

Dombrowski lost his big, big, job by not having the right kind of bullpen. I guess this is his way of dealing with that ;)

Archived