Britton's trade value

tntoriole

How about Britton for AJ Reed.

Too much, Reed stands a good shot at being a top 10 prospect in baseball next year. I can't recall any player of that caliber ever being moved for a reliever.

I mentioned Lewis Brinson in the other thread. He'd be about the highest talent possible I could see Britton landing. Kid is a flat out stud.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too much, Reed stands a good shot at being a top 10 prospect in baseball next year. I can't recall any player of that caliber ever being moved for a reliever.

I mentioned Lewis Brinson in the other thread. He'd be about the highest talent possible I could see Britton landing. Kid is a flat out stud.

As you saw last night. He'll bring back much more than you would think is right.

Is Reed worth more than the haul BOS traded for Kimbrel? Britton has a similar value.

I love this question.

I love the return from the other deal. Imagine getting something very close to help the farm, then having 3 high picks next draft too.

If you're Buck, does the idea of that sound bad because you want to be closer to a shot now? Does it sound good because you'd have more prospects now to reload sooner with? Or does it drive you to oust DD and let your bench coach worry about that from your new FO chair?

Ground balls.

Left handed.

Still not sure he's cheaper over the next three years.

I hate to be a broken record. But if Britton gets traded, and assuming O'Day walks -- who will be the O's closer? Givens? Brach? Wright? Wilson?

And if the purpose of trading Britton is a complete rebuild, then how will the team keep Machado? Will be want to play for a rebuilding team?

I hate to be a broken record. But if Britton gets traded, and assuming O'Day walks -- who will be the O's closer? Givens? Brach? Wright? Wilson?

And if the purpose of trading Britton is a complete rebuild, then how will the team keep Machado? Will be want to play for a rebuilding team?

We're not keeping Machado.

You keep him by offering the most money

1) Yes, one of them.

2) I don't think that's the purpose. The idea would be to find a MLB-ready or near-ready player who could contribute in the short-to-medium term.

3) I don't think they're rebuilding, and even if they do you'd hope there is light at the end of the tunnel before Machado reaches free agency.

4) 10/250 would probably get him to sign on with the Seibu Lions or the York Revolution.

Archived