Marlins Trade: Thoughts?

weams

It's easy to talk about the knees as if there might be degenerative issues. I wondered myself. It appears that they were fixed right and there was no meniscus damage. We got fortunate.

I don't think it's easy. All I know is he has had two knee surgeries. Sometimes players hold up. Sometimes they don't. Usually teams don't ignore major surgery, but the medicals are what matter when it comes time to make decisions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it's easy. All I know is he has had two knee surgeries. Sometimes players hold up. Sometimes they don't. Usually teams don't ignore major surgery, but the medicals are what matter when it comes time to make decisions.

Never sell the man cheap. Ride him the whole way to FA if they don't pay through the nose. Marlins signed a 300+ million dollar contract aft a fastball smashed a face. And no one knows if Fernandez will ever through a effective MLB pitch again.

Never sell the man cheap. Ride him the whole way to FA if they don't pay through the nose. Marlins signed a 300+ million dollar contract aft a fastball smashed a face. And no one knows if Fernandez will ever through a effective MLB pitch again.

He was 26/4 SO/BB over 21.2 innings in September, so some of the pitches are still effective. But sure, of course, absolutely, nothing guaranteed. For anyone.

What if the Gnats can't extend Harper neXt year and offer him up for trade. He'll probably get between 15-20 M in arb,. What kind of trade return would he get? Two good prospects and one or two prospects that are a lot further away?

Does he put up another 10 WAR season? Or 2 WAR over half a year with injuries sprinkled in?

I'm with Drungo the 2-for-1 is a No, but the Marlins have half a dozen other interesting names. Assuming Loria instructed his FO to keep raising offer until Orioles said Yes, where does the balance tip?

3 for 1 getting Yelich too

4 for 1 getting Yelich and Ozuna

AJ Ramos? Carter Capps? Tyler Kolek? Josh Naylor?

I also agree the Orioles couldn't finesse acquire Fernandez without using Machado.

Hate the idea of trading Machado. Hate it. Having said that, I have to admit that an offer of Fernandez, Yelich, and Prado for Machado would be one that you would have to consider seriously. Wouldn't you?

Hate the idea of trading Machado. Hate it. Having said that, I have to admit that an offer of Fernandez, Yelich, and Prado for Machado would be one that you would have to consider seriously. Wouldn't you?
I would.

Who do you add on Baltimore's side? B/C type.

He was 26/4 SO/BB over 21.2 innings in September, so some of the pitches are still effective. But sure, of course, absolutely, nothing guaranteed. For anyone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jose Fernandez added Scott Boras will be part of his innings discussions. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marlins?src=hash">#Marlins</a></p>— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) <a href="

">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived