Crasnick: O's serious about Mancini as a 1B option

wildcard

Crasnick, Rosenthal, etc. Those guys don't give up their sources.

It's just talk until something happens. Those guys get paid to fill space. How often are they right? And this isn't even a prediction, it's really just common sense. Of course they would take a look at him there if Davis signs elsewhere. Why wouldn't they?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to check my off-season history that's fine, but I really don't whine much about our moves. I did want to resign Cruz last year, liked Snider, Lough, Pearce.. thought Cabrera was alright. Didn't like signing Delmon or de Aza.

I have no problem with minor league depth. Frankly, for a team with a bad system, there's room to add depth to it, and it's needed.

My particular issue is we're losing the biggest HR in baseball for the last 3 years, arguably one of the top 5 relievers in the game and our best starter. I'd like to hear about improving positions to compete not bringing up a lottery ticket. I hope he does well in the minors or ST and fights his way onto the team.

You don't think that there is any chance that this may well indicate a real plan to spend on at least one big-ticket FA outfielder and at least one FA SP?

So, you want there to be no news until there is big news? Is that it? And God forbid they sign another Tolleson type or a couple of reporters say something that someone told them, you'll vent here. Fine. Now we know.

Bifurcation Fallacy here. It's not one or the other. I'm worried this is the option because we know we're basically out of the 1B market. And Tolleson I like... in fact I cannot think of a minor league deal I have ever been against or one that I will be against.

You don't think that there is any chance that this may well indicate a real plan to spend on at least one big-ticket FA outfielder and at least one FA SP?

You know, I'd rather have Heyward and Kazmir and Trey at first rather than Davis, Kazmir, and Alvarez in LF. So here's hoping.

Bifurcation Fallacy here. It's not one or the other. I'm worried this is the option because we know we're basically out of the 1B market. And Tolleson I like... in fact I cannot think of a minor league deal I have ever been against or one that I will be against.

That doesn't jive with your comments on the Tolleson thread.

They already spent on Wieters. I don't see how they will do more than a #2 SP to replace Chen and then add a third tier bat. All that adds up to treading water compared to last year.

That doesn't jive with your comments on the Tolleson thread.

No, I have no problem with Tolleson on a minor league deal. Not a single issue. I have an issue with replacing Flaherty merely for the sake of saving a penny. He's been our utility bench role for a number of years of winning baseball. Replacing him to save a mil with someone we're not as sure about is my issue.

No, I have no problem with Tolleson on a minor league deal. Not a single issue. I have an issue with replacing Flaherty merely for the sake of saving a penny. He's been our utility bench role for a number of years of winning baseball. Replacing him to save a mil with someone we're not as sure about is my issue.

If we don't save money on the little guys we can't spend it on the big guys. Tolleson spent time on the team in 2012. He played in 109 games for the Blue Jays in 2014. Buck knows what he can do.

If we don't save money on the little guys we can't spend it on the big guys. Tolleson spent time on the team in 2012. He played in 109 games for the Blue Jays in 2014. Buck knows what he can do.

Interesting, I did not realize he had played nearly that much for the Jays. That's good.

I think Mancini will be a top 100 pick of BA. He is someone to watch in ST. He could make the team at 1B or DH.

I would be shocked if he is a top 100 prospect on BA's list. I don't think he cracked the Top 15 on any of their Top Prospects by League lists at the end of the year.

Mancini is going to be a beast, but for Norfolk this year, because PA is signing Crush. Both predictions are right here. Write them down. Davis is our 1b on Opening Day and Mancini becomes Paul Goldschmidt by 2017. Check back with me on these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived