Yeah Hernandez!!!!!!

GotNitro

Lack of hustle was the entire team....People loved the Miggy of the first few years and cried when he wasn't the same player.

The Orioles lied to him...They didn't do make the team better like they said he would and he got upset about it.

Miggy hated losing and wasn't shy to say anything about it and people hated him for it.

This is all true... but seeing your superstar give up running to first base after 3 steps on what appears to be a routine groundball wasn't helpful.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lack of hustle was the entire team....People loved the Miggy of the first few years and cried when he wasn't the same player.

The Orioles lied to him...They didn't do make the team better like they said he would and he got upset about it.

Miggy hated losing and wasn't shy to say anything about it and people hated him for it.

This is exactly right. Miggi was a great player, and he did his part. He just eventually got discouraged when year-after-year nothing got better. When he b*tched about all the losing, he could've chosen his words better, but I liked it that losing wasn't good enough for him. I wish Cal had raised some hell about it when he was here. If you wanna diss a good player for being the best guy on a losing team and not leading them to success, then Cal's your ultimate target, not Miggi. It's a crazy way to think, but have at it.

I think it turned for Miggi when his boyhood hero Sosa showed up and told him to be quiet and quit horsing around, then Raffygate and all the rest. He was a perfectly competent SS with a great arm, and a very good hitter. People who say otherwise are just looking for somebody to blame. Of all the players the O's had during Miggi's years here, he delivered better than anybody else, and he did that year after year. He was pretty much the one guy you could count on. He's still a very good player, and I hope he has an MVP-year in Houston.

This is all true... but seeing your superstar give up running to first base after 3 steps on what appears to be a routine groundball wasn't helpful.

Watch a baseball game...It happens on almost every routine play by almost every player.

It is very rare to see a runner running all out to beat a throw from SS.

Guys like Miggy are by far and away the norm....I hate it, it sucks but it is the game today.

It is just very rare to see all hustle anymore and that is a shame...It is the one thing every player can bring to the park with you and most don't...Even everyone's beloved BRob doesn't run out a lot of balls.

Watch a baseball game...It happens on almost every routine play by almost every player.

It is very rare to see a runner running all out to beat a throw from SS.

Guys like Miggy are by far and away the norm....I hate it, it sucks but it is the game today.

It is just very rare to see all hustle anymore and that is a shame...It is the one thing every player can bring to the park with you and most don't...Even everyone's beloved BRob doesn't run out a lot of balls.

While I admit I did not see every single one of David Newhan's at bats as an Oriole the ones I did he ran all out every time. Same with Fahey.

While I admit I did not see every single one of David Newhan's at bats as an Oriole the ones I did he ran all out every time. Same with Fahey.

Yea..There exceptions and I agree that Newhan was one of them.

I wish more players would be like that but again, the reality is that just isn't the way it is throughout the league and, IMO, that is pathetic.

The one thing you can always control is hustle.

Yea..There exceptions and I agree that Newhan was one of them.

I wish more players would be like that but again, the reality is that just isn't the way it is throughout the league and, IMO, that is pathetic.

The one thing you can always control is hustle.

Thats another thing that makes Nick Markakis stand out even more. He seems to hustle down the line on every play.

Archived