Yeah Hernandez!!!!!!

GotNitro

Congrats to Orioles for a great comeback today. I was one of the lucky ones who watched it before my eyes live and had my throat swelled with screams like Jim Hunter's :). It was unbelievable to watch Orioles comeback today before my eyes. It's been a while it happened the last time. Did anybody noticed just before the start of the 9th after a commercial break and the middle of it how Palmer and Hunter anticipated the potential comeback and explained how it could happened and it actually happened?

Great confidence booster for the team!!!!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it may be time to begin the discussion on whether or not Luis Hernandez is one of the finest clutch hitters in Oriole history. I think it was Eddie Murray who said about Luis, "Nobody wants to face this guy with two outs and a man on third in the 9th inning." I think that quote came from an interview in The Onion.

That was so awesome! What a great comeback for the O's.

Me and my buddy were watching the game at a bar and we weren't the only ones going nuts when they pulled off the win (usually we are)...it was great!

I gave him a nickname (I don't want to call him Luis and there's already a Hernandez... maybe Pelican since the best OPS he's ever had is .699 for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans (A-ball); plus, apparently pelicans are a symbol of self-sacrifice, which is what we would see Luis doing a lot this year with the bat) that wasn't exactly positive, but the Pelican really came through today. He looked pretty good with the glove too, so I think he gets a reprieve for a few games. Great at bat to get out of an 0-2 hole and put a solid swing on the ball.

So where does L Hernandez rank in all-time Orioles shortstops? Probably second behind that guy who played in the 80s and 90s. :P

Who would have thought that at the end of week 1, L Hernandez would have more RBI than Roberts and Markakis combined???

It's normal for me to really, really hope an Oriole comes through in a clutch situation. But it's usually just about the O's and the game. Today, I was really, really hoping it for the usual reasons... but also for the kid himself too.

He made me notice him last year. This year, he's showing a better eye at the plate. He's already got more BB's than last year. Doing fine so far on ribbies too...

I spent that whole time yelling at the TV, "Of COURSE Ichiro's playing shallow! It's Luis Hernandez! We should be happy he's not standing on the dirt behind second base!" :P

He deserves a couple moments like this for all the crap we (including me ;)) give him. Good for him.

Speak for yourself. :pI never gave LH any crap. He is fine by me as tha Orioles shortstop. He proved it last season when Tejada was out. The team simply played much better similar to how they are doing right now. Viva LH!

VIVA LH!:D

Speak for yourself. :pI never gave LH any crap. He is fine by me as tha Orioles shortstop. He proved it last season when Tejada was out. The team simply played much better similar to how they are doing right now. Viva LH!

VIVA LH!:D

How about that Luke Scott bum, how's he doin?!?!?

;)

It's normal for me to really, really hope an Oriole comes through in a clutch situation. But it's usually just about the O's and the game. Today, I was really, really hoping it for the usual reasons... but also for the kid himself too.

He made me notice him last year. This year, he's showing a better eye at the plate. He's already got more BB's than last year. Doing fine so far on ribbies too...

Yup, so far it's really hard to complain about LH. While he's not really hitting, he's doing all the little things.

How about that Luke Scott bum, how's he doin?!?!?

;)

Hey, he's doing great. I hope he never hits a homer the entire season as long as he keeps smaking basehits around like he's been doing. As I said after watching him after two games he has a sweet swing.

Maybe this kid is just what we like to call a "winner." He may never put up fantasy baseball stats but he wins games by doing the little things both with his glove and his bat.

Archived