2016 Boston Red Sox

Moose Milligan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd find it less outrageous if the Red Sox' ownership group just pocketed the money? Or used it to improve the team's facilites, organization, infrastructure, and international signings? I prefer they use their cash to heavily invest in past-peak players at peak rates.

You're missing the point... This kind of contract is just bad for the sport. Period. I love baseball, but the lack of a salary cap is lame.

What's next? Red Sox sign chris Davis for $300 million? Would you be fine with that? How about if Boston also adds Cueto for the cool sum of $160 million for 4 years?

It's just plain stupid that the league is structured in a way that money can be spent like this. We can agree to disagree - totally fine with that - but my reality, is that this is outrageous.

You're missing the point... This kind of contract is just bad for the sport. Period. I love baseball, but the lack of a salary cap is lame.

What's next? Red Sox sign chris Davis for $300 million? Would you be fine with that? How about if Boston also adds Cueto for the cool sum of $160 million for 4 years?

It's just plain stupid that the league is structured in a way that money can be spent like this. We can agree to disagree - totally fine with that - but my reality, is that this is outrageous.

Yes, I am missing the point. Why do you think this is outrageous? Baseball brings in something like $8B in revenues. Less than 40% of that goes to player salaries. Where should that go?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That weight issue is alive and well in Boston. I'm glad they are stuck with that contract.

Kung fu panda is awesome for everyone else in the division. Takes the Red Sox money and makes them worse. For a professional athlete, he's looking like John Kruk right now.

A playoff hero in SF, a zero in New England.

Archived