MW QO Acceptance: For or Against the QO?

Crazysilver03

What is/was your stance on the QO?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your stance on the QO?

• For the QO before and after acceptance
    • Against the QO before and after thr acceptance
    • For the QO before acceptance, against after acceptance
    • Against the QO before acceptance, for the QO after acceptance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the four options? Surely most everyone is against the eventual outcome, just as they're for walking across the street right up until they're hit by a bus. But the slight gamble of offering the QO was certainly the right call. I still don't know what Boras and Wieters are thinking trying to make 2016 into a value-building year knowing that he'll be sharing time with an almost equally good catcher and possibly creating a sucking void at DH/1B if he plays there.

Your opinion shouldn't change just because he accepted it. It was either the right decision or the wrong decision based on the information available at the time of the offer deadline.

I agree with this sentiment. This post is more of a reflection of a poster suggesting people were changing their opinions after the fact. Just wanted to see if that was the case.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I agree with this sentiment. This post is more of a reflection of a poster suggesting people were changing their opinions after the fact. Just wanted to see if that was the case.

Well I'm curious as to who would admit to consciously changing their mind, and what their reasoning is. I think the issue is more that it's a natural unconscious response to say it was a bad decision just because it resulted in a bad outcome (not saying that's what you've done, just saying in general that can happen).

Well I'm curious as to who would admit to consciously changing their mind, and what their reasoning is. I think the issue is more that it's a natural unconscious response to say it was a bad decision just because it resulted in a bad outcome (not saying that's what you've done, just saying in general that can happen).

I'd guess that most GM/manager firings are a result of bad outcomes more than bad processes. It's easy to judge outcomes, harder to judge process, so the quick and easy approach is just to assume a 1:1 correlation between outcomes and processes. That's why we see a GM's reputation swing wildly on what's basically random variation.

Meanwhile...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New BxBaseballDaily: Report: Yankees to pay $26 Million in luxury tax <a href="https://t.co/gcnpPJ7mr0">https://t.co/gcnpPJ7mr0</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBBA?src=hash">#BBBA</a></p>— Baseball Bloggers A. (@baseballblogs) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I did. I thought that a Boras client would never accept a QO and that Matt could certainly get a 30 million dollar two year deal that would satisfy him. Evidently he wants more than the three/40 that he was offered.

As I suggested in the thread you're referring to, the record as to where people stood before and after is still easily accessible. It will be interesting to see if, between now and opening day, PA parachutes in with a $16 million band-aid with "PROCESS" stamped across it in big, block letters.

I kept saying that it was a no brainer that he would accept a QO if offered one. I kept getting kicked around on here by our resident experts. Like always, I really do not care about that. And....We offered and he accepted.

Now that he is still an Oriole, I am still a MW fan. I think it was a huge mistake to offer him a QO, but now its time to support Matt Weiters and the O's. I hope he is truely healthy this year, because he can help us a lot if he is.

I was for the QO, because I thought it was likely he'd reject it and the value of the comp pick was greater than the detriment of having to pay him $15.8 mm if he accepted. I'm disappointed he accepted and would not have made the QO if I'd known he would accept, but I still think the logic was right given the information available at the time.

What's with the four options? Surely most everyone is against the eventual outcome, just as they're for walking across the street right up until they're hit by a bus. But the slight gamble of offering the QO was certainly the right call. I still don't know what Boras and Wieters are thinking trying to make 2016 into a value-building year knowing that he'll be sharing time with an almost equally good catcher and possibly creating a sucking void at DH/1B if he plays there.

I'm not voting until the season is over. ) :wedge:

Archived