Projected Payroll 2016 Orioles -- Up to this Moment

AZRon

Boras is good but he is not a sorcerer. Otherwise why did Wieters take a QO, and what happened with Drew, and Morales. Where does Davis play on LAA. Magical thinking.

He could fill a role on that team similar to the one he filled with the Orioles. Except instead of primarily at 1B and a little COF mixed in, it might be the other way around where he plays more COF. They have a need there and Pujols' time at 1B certainly will decrease over time. No magic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want the Orioles to start a long losing period and sucking period again. And we the fans need Angelos to care about winning. How can we get him to start spending more money?

It seems that sports illustrated article calling him the worst owner didn't motivate him to change his dealings.

It would be awesome if somebody could go on channel 11 or channel 13 news and call him out for his stinginess.

He could fill a role on that team similar to the one he filled with the Orioles. Except instead of primarily at 1B and a little COF mixed in, it might be the other way around where he plays more COF. They have a need there and Pujols' time at 1B certainly will decrease over time. No magic.

Pujols may not be ready until May or June. http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25368342/angels-albert-pujols-out-nearly-five-months-after-right-foot-surgery

You can't

I see the team looking more vulnerable unless we spend a lot more money. The O'Day move was unexpected and awesome. But we need Davis back, we need more pitching, we need a lot more starting pitching.

I'm not prepared as a fan for the dark years to return soon.

This is a new idea. I think someone here mentioned something like this circa 2000 but ever since everyone's been totally happy with everything and nobody's ever thought of what it would be like if Angelos spent more. Now that you mention it, what does ol' Pete do with all that MASN cash? This is really interesting to think about.

Spending more money isn't going to lead to long term success, unless you are talking about the international free agents which I highly doubt you are.

They need to improve their drafting and development. I am all for increasing spending for that.

They fall under the umbrella of spend more money. Angelos should be spending more of it everywhere.

Angelos and the FO need to give out big free agent contracts, but only to guys for whom the contract works out.

The new market inefficiency is signing big ticket, post-peak, decline-phase mega free agents who give you massive surplus value. We'll look back after this post-post-post Moneyball era and think "why did they sign all the guys who were going to suck to those huge contracts?"

The new market inefficiency is signing big ticket, post-peak, decline-phase mega free agents who give you massive surplus value. We'll look back after this post-post-post Moneyball era and think "why did they sign all the guys who were going to suck to those huge contracts?"

They're doing it because they want to to get the last few productive years out of them. And then when you suck and get old just spend more money.

Nestor is not happy with the Ravens either.

I'm thinking 140-150 if the sign Davis.

The acquisition of Trumbo and the non tender of Pedro Alvarez makes me think that the O's may not spend big bucks on Davis. They really don't have to in order to contend. They may offer big bucks to Manny before the off season is over.

Archived