Projected Payroll 2016 Orioles -- Up to this Moment

AZRon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Os after the O'day signing are at about 113 million committed to 2016? Leaving DD somewhere between 13 million on the cheap end to as much perhaps as 40 million on the "Potter has had an It's a Wonderful Life experience" end. I wonder which it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the Os after the O'day signing are at about 113 million committed to 2016? Leaving DD somewhere between 13 million on the cheap end to as much perhaps as 40 million on the "Potter has had an It's a Wonderful Life experience" end. I wonder which it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping PA decides to loosen up the purse strings some. I'm hoping there is another $25 million in the budget - probably wishful thinking. With $25m we could theoretically sign Kazmir, Alvarez, and Pearce.

Trade Britton for the best package available - ideally one featuring a good, young, top of the order, outfielder.

I could live with something like that, I guess. That said, I doubt there is another $25m in the budget.

The acquisition of Trumbo and the non tender of Pedro Alvarez makes me think that the O's may not spend big bucks on Davis. They really don't have to in order to contend. They may offer big bucks to Manny before the off season is over.
They may not have to spend big bucks on Davis. Right now there doesn't appear to be much of a market. A lot depends on what STL does.

Top pitchers are getting 30+M AAV. The hitting market hasn't even percolated yet. Davis is a shoe in for a 20M AAV for 5-6 years. I'm not sure what you conider big bucks but 6/120 is probably on the low end for Davis.
It would be if there was some one else besides the O's to pay it. I think that might be what the O's end up paying him.

Archived