Go get Upton, Alvarez, and Kazmir...

Dark Helmet

Maybe sorta. He'll put up 75% of Davis' offensive production while being unable to field at any position at all.

I'll take that from a $5-6MM DH, Trumbo can Take over at 1st and Upton will plug a corner of spot

6 guys that have the potential to hit 30+ HR's

Manny

Jones

Alverez

Trumbo

Upton

Schoop (15 in 86 games last year)

20+

Hardy(sorta, maybe)

Weiters

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll take that from a $5-6MM DH' date=' Trumbo can Take over at 1st and Upton will plug a corner of spot

Manny

Jones

Alverez

Trumbo

Upton

20+

Hardy(sorta, maybe)

Weiters[/quote']

Then you have Alvarez at a win, maybe two, Trumbo same, and Upton 3-4 wins. So that's probably a push with Davis, Trumbo, and (insert random DH here).

I'll take that from a $5-6MM DH' date=' Trumbo can Take over at 1st and Upton will plug a corner of spot

Manny

Jones

Alverez

Trumbo

Upton

20+

Hardy(sorta, maybe)

Weiters[/quote']

If Hardy ever hits 20 HR in a season again there better be a drug test. Well, if he's playing for the Orioles there doesn't have to be but....

I suspect Boras will not deal with them on Alvarez until Davis is off the board.

No... That's not how it works.

I wish people would stop acting like Boras decides where these guys go. It's completely untrue - unless given express consent from the individual client. And if consent is given, then you can accurately say that is what the player wanted.

I wish people would stop acting like Boras decides where these guys go. It's completely untrue - unless given express consent from the individual client. And if consent is given, then you can accurately say that is what the player wanted.

Boras doesn't decide where these guys can go, but he would be an idiot if he started negotiating a deal for Alvarez while Davis is still out there. If Davis gets as much as he wants, it could help Alvarez get more. And Alvarez would be stupid if he didn't take Bora's advice. I wish people would stop assuming that posters mean something other than what they say.

"It's out of my hands."

Evidently Chris ceded control. And that is what he wishes. Not knowing "anything about the business side."

Boras doesn't decide where these guys can go, but he would be an idiot if he started negotiating a deal for Alvarez while Davis is still out there. If Davis gets as much as he wants, it could help Alvarez get more. And Alvarez would be stupid if he didn't take Bora's advice. I wish people would stop assuming that posters mean something other than what they say.

Except Boras does not decide which offers Alvarez sees, nor does he decide when Alvarez sees those offers - unless instructed to take that approach by said client. And if that is the reality, that is what the player wants. What Boras wants doesn't really factor in too much.

The misinformation on this forum in regards to Boras is ridiculous.

Except Boras does not decide which offers Alvarez sees, nor does he decide when Alvarez sees those offers - unless instructed to take that approach by said client.

The misinformation on this forum in regards to Boras is ridiculous.

When did you work for Boras? Are you telling me that his people don't lay out a strategy for their clients and that their clients don't buy into that strategy?

"It's out of my hands."

Evidently Chris ceded control. And that is what he wishes. Not knowing "anything about the business side."

Exactly right about Davis. Which is why people demonizing Boras for Davis' position have it wrong. Davis wanted it this way.

Archived