Go get Upton, Alvarez, and Kazmir...

Dark Helmet

When did you work for Boras? Are you telling me that his people don't lay out a strategy for their clients and that their clients don't buy into that strategy?

If his clients buy into it then that is on them. That is what they want. It's not as much about Boras as so many seem to think.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except Boras does not decide which offers Alvarez sees, nor does he decide when Alvarez sees those offers - unless instructed to take that approach by said client. And if that is the reality, that is what the player wants. What Boras wants doesn't really factor in too much.

The misinformation on this forum in regards to Boras is ridiculous.

So, you think Boras always fully discloses to his clients. Interesting.

If his clients buy into then that is on them. That is what they want. It's not as much about Boras as so many seem to think.

I think you have Boras on the brain. Any good agent would have Alvarez wait until the market is better for him. They've already gained by waiting for Lind to be off the board.

"It's out of my hands."

Evidently Chris ceded control. And that is what he wishes. Not knowing "anything about the business side."

This is the standard professional athlete response to questions about contract negotiations. They really don't want to talk to the media about this. They are coached to respond in this manner.

[video=youtube;KeVca9MwDX8]

I think you have Boras on the brain. Any good agent would have Alvarez wait until the market is better for him. They've already gained by waiting for Lind to be off the board.

Boras on the brain? Nah, but every time I turn around on this board someone is referring to Boras like he is the bogey man that runs MLB player movement from behind the scenes and can't be stopped. It's just not true.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on strategy. But Alvarez would have to agree to something like that, Boras couldn't just make that decision for him. My whole point is Boras does not decide these players fates - the players do.

Boras on the brain? Nah, but every time I turn around on this board someone is referring to Boras like he is the bogey man that runs MLB player movement from behind the scenes and can't be stopped. It's just not true.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on strategy. But Alvarez would have to agree to something like that, Boras couldn't just make that decision for him. My whole point is Boras does not decide these players fates - the players do.

"It's out of my hands."

But granted, they decided to cede their control to this man.

So, you think Boras always fully discloses to his clients. Interesting.

I do. Because if he didn't on a regular basis, word would get around eventually, and Boras would not have the business he has today.

Again, his clients agree to allow him to do business the way he does. He may have his own methods, but he employs said methods for his clients at the clients behest

Jon Morosi:

Source: #Brewers interested in Pedro Alvarez to play first base following Lind trade; he is son-in-law of MIL bench coach Pat Murphy.

While I like my father in law plenty, who would want your father in law hanging around you infinitely for 9 months out of the year

Archived