Go get Upton, Alvarez, and Kazmir...

Dark Helmet

It is hard to imagine a more perfect situation for Pedro Alvarez than Baltimore, especially if the Orioles were to sign Upton. A team full of right handed batters that teams are sure to pitch few lefties against, a tremendous park for a left-handed power hitter, and an AL team, where he doesn't have to put on a glove. I mean, what an ideal situation for him.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is hard to imagine a more perfect situation for Pedro Alvarez than Baltimore, especially if the Orioles were to sign Upton. A team full of right handed batters that teams are sure to pitch few lefties against, a tremendous park for a left-handed power hitter, and an AL team, where he doesn't have to put on a glove. I mean, what an ideal situation for him.

No idea how that angry smiley got in that post. I didn't put it there, and I am not angry. LOL

I would like to get Alvarez also, I think between him and Trumbo we will get better production than Davis and the DH's we

currently have. Chen or Kazmir would be nice and another OF maybe Span. I sure would like to hoard them draft picks and

besides I don't really think we will outbid other teams for any big names,I think Davis is the only one we really had a shot

with.

I don't think the OP fully considered the logistics of his suggestion. Between social media alerts, widespread surveillance, personal security teams, van rental costs...man, the chloroform alone would probably cost/weigh a ton. Count me out.

Nah. Just send each of them a letter telling them they've won a free boat. When they show up to claim it, you tranquilize them.

Combined, Upton, Alvarez and Kazmir, would come to about 40M AAV. PA may be more generous with the purse strings this year but I doubt that generous.

Davis and Kazmir would be 40.... 25 & 15... So it's the same money they already knew they could be spending. Besides 16 million of it is a 1 year investment on Witers and likely very short term on Alvarez. Angelos had been burying the MASN money a long time.

Davis and Kazmir would be 40.... 25 & 15... So it's the same money they already knew they could be spending. Besides 16 million of it is a 1 year investment on Witers and likely very short term on Alvarez. Angelos had been burying the MASN money a long time.
Who says they are spending 15 M on a SP, I doubt it, and Davis would have cost 21 M not 25 with some of it deferred. And there is no guarantee that money spent on Davis could be spent elsewhere.

I don't see us signing a FA pitcher unless we miss out on all the big money bats, and a guy like Gallardo will fall into our lap at 4/52 aka Ubaldo scenario. So if we go with Will Venable and Carter/Alvarez at DH then we could be in play for a SP. If not I think we will and should look at guys on 1 year deals that are good candidates for bounce back years.

Archived